PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Over the first few months of 2017, the commercial dynamism of Mercialys’ (Paris:MERY) retail portfolio has continued to diversify the retail offering by attracting around 20 new stores into its existing and planned shopping centers.
Søstrene Grene, the Danish accessible design retailer, will open its tenth store in France – and its first in a Mercialys shopping center – when it moves into a 260 sq.m unit in the Galerie Espaces Fenouillet in Toulouse this summer.
Boréa’s innovative natural breads concept will add to the restaurant and food offering available in the Toulouse shopping center while Naturhouse – Europe’s leading nutrition specialists – will set up shop in La caserne de Bonne shopping center in Grenoble.
Springfield is opening a 145 sq.m Simpsons-themed restaurant in La Galerie Espaces Fenouillet in late June while the high-end Japanese restaurant Sen’do Sushi, and its sushi master chef will round out the shopping center’s food offering beginning in May. From the humble crêperie to up-market “bistronomie”, with all manner of theme restaurants in between, customers can now choose from a highly diverse gastronomic offering at all Mercialys shopping centers.
The eyewear and hearing specialists Acuitis will augment the healthcare offering at La Galerie Espace Monthieu in Saint-Etienne (eastern central France) while Promovacances will offer low-cost holiday solutions for shoppers in Mandelieu (Côte d'Azur).
Mercialys is helping its partner stores to grow and adding to both the retail offering and the mix at its shopping centers.
Mercialys continues to support its existing retailers and its large portfolio of shopping centers in prime locations throughout France is a constant source of potential growth opportunities.
- In the city of Quimper (Brittany), La Chaise Longue is set to open its first store while Sephora is doubling its existing retail surface area to 350 sq.m. Along with H&M, which will move into a 1,700 sq.m unit in September, these two brands will complete the store take-up at the new extension to La Galerie Géant Quimper.
- Adopt’, which specializes in cosmetics and accessories for small budgets, is planning to open two new stores this year, one in La Galerie Espace Anjou (Angers, western France) and the other in La Galerie Espace Monthieu (Saint-Etienne).
- Father & Son and Timberland will set up shop for the first time in Rennes (Brittany) when they move into the Grand Quartier center. Along with Foot Locker, they will round out the retail offering in this new, bigger shopping center where nearly all of the units have now been let.
- At La Galerie Géant Fréjus (Côte d'Azur), the Armand Thiery multi-store will offer all of its latest creations for both men and women.
- Kaporal is moving into La Galerie Cap Costières (Nîmes, southern France) along with Pandora, which is opening its first store in the city.
- Jennyfer will soon be offering its latest ranges to younger shoppers at a 750 sq.m store in La Galerie Chateaufarine in Besançon (eastern France).
- In Brest (Brittany), BizzBee will enhance the city’s youth fashion offering once it moves into La Galerie Le Phare de l’Europe.
This press release may be consulted at www.mercialys.com
Mercialys is one of France's leading real estate companies, focused
exclusively on retail property. At December 31, 2016, Mercialys’
property portfolio comprised 2,229 leases, with an annualized rental
value of Euro 181.9 million.
At December 31, 2016, Mercialys owned properties with an estimated value of Euro 3.8 billion (including transfer taxes). Mercialys has had “SIIC” real estate investment trust (REIT) tax status since November 1, 2005 and has been listed on Euronext Paris Compartment A (ticker: MERY) since its initial public offering on October 12, 2005. At December 31, 2016, there were 92,049,169 Mercialys shares outstanding.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements regarding future events, trends, projects or targets.
These forward-looking statements are subject by definition to certain identified and unidentified risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results forecast in the forward-looking statements. Please refer to the Mercialys shelf registration document available at www.mercialys.com for the year ended December 31, 2016 for more details regarding specific risk factors that could affect Mercialys' business. Mercialys gives no undertaking whatsoever to publish updates or adjustments to these forward-looking statements, or to report new information, new future events or any other circumstances that might cause these statements to be revised.