BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--XebiaLabs, the recognized leader in DevOps and Continuous Delivery software tools, today announced groundbreaking release risk assessment capabilities in its XebiaLabs DevOps Platform version 6.2. They are the first such features available in the Application Release Automation market, providing DevOps teams with an automated risk score that predicts which releases have a high chance of failure. Armed with this risk intelligence, teams can solve issues before they become problems that threaten release success.
As Complexity Grows, So Grows Risk of Release Failure
As companies face pressure to increase the number and frequency of their software releases to meet customer demands faster, DevOps teams struggle to move quickly through release processes, keep up to date with release status, and monitor the health and risk of upcoming releases. And as dependencies between numerous release components grow more complex, correlating a multitude of factors to determine release risk becomes more and more difficult. Enterprises may have hundreds of releases in their DevOps pipelines at one time. As a result, it’s a particular challenge to give teams across the organization visibility into real-time status and proactive risk alerts for each release in the pipeline.
Introducing Automated Release Risk Score for the DevOps Pipeline
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform version 6.2 introduces the ability for enterprise IT teams to get an automated, real-time risk assessment for each software release. The platform automatically assesses multiple risk factors to determine an overall release risk score. Armed with this intelligence, teams can predict which releases have a high risk of failure or delays. This insight allows them to solve issues and avoid setbacks before they become significant problems that impact the business.
The release risk assessment includes the following capabilities:
- Release Risk Score - The new Release Risk Score lets teams immediately see the risk associated with each release in the pipeline for in-progress releases. It correlates multiple indicators to assess risk for each release, then provides a risk score to alert teams that extra attention is needed.
- Risk-aware Overview across all Releases - A new risk-aware Release Overview provides detailed visibility across all releases. This view can be organized by risk and shows crucial details like due dates, release duration, phases completed, and more. Release managers and IT teams can now more easily view everything they need in one location, with the release risk score front and center for each release. Users can also sort and filter releases to create personalized views of their release landscape.
“For a busy release manager, knowing which releases are at risk is critical, and some of our customers have hundreds of releases running simultaneously. Getting alerted to which ones require attention – and addressing these risks early – can make the difference between success and failure,” said Tim Buntel, VP of Products for XebiaLabs. “Our new Risk Assessment feature evaluates all running releases to inform users about which releases are at risk and which are doing just fine, so their releases can succeed 100% of the time.”
New 6.2 Features to Enhance User Experience and Release Control
In addition to building risk awareness into the DevOps pipeline, 6.2 introduces new Blackout Period functionality. This feature gives teams more control over the timing of their releases so they no longer need to make manual efforts to avoid inconvenient release times, such as holidays or end-of-quarter blackout windows. 6.2 also includes improvements for monitoring task progress and enhancements to plugins for Docker, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Amazon Web Services.
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform version 6.2 is available now.
Learn More about Release Orchestration and Deployment Automation
1. Experience how enterprises are making DevOps more effective with XL Release and XL Deploy. Download a free trial here: https://xebialabs.com/products/
2. Read about “Release Pipeline Orchestration: An Essential Practice for Continuous Delivery at Enterprise Scale” (white paper): https://xebialabs.com/resources/whitepapers/releas...
3. See Release Risk Scoring Screenshots and Read an Introduction to Release Risk Intelligence:
XebiaLabs develops enterprise-scale Continuous Delivery and DevOps software, providing companies with the visibility, automation and control they need to deliver software faster and with less risk. Global market leaders rely on XebiaLabs to meet the increasing demand for accelerated and more reliable software releases.
In 2016, top industry analysts recognized XebiaLabs as a front runner in the Continuous Delivery/ARA space. Gartner, Inc. placed XebiaLabs in the “Leaders” quadrant in its “Magic Quadrant for Application Release Automation,” while Forrester ranked the company highest in the Strategy category in its “Forrester Wave™: Application Release Automation, Q3 2016” report. Learn more at xebialabs.com.