WALL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) today announced the appointment of Nancy A. Washington of Sea Girt, NJ as senior vice president and general counsel. In this role, Ms. Washington will be responsible for developing and directing the corporate legal function and overseeing corporate compliance.
“We are very pleased to welcome Nancy Washington to our team,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Resources. “Nancy is a talented, well-respected leader and an accomplished corporate attorney and litigator. I am confident she will play a key role as we continue to grow our business and meet our customers’ expectations.”
Before joining NJR, Ms. Washington served as senior vice president and chief litigation counsel for CIT Group Inc., a Livingston, NJ-based financial services firm. Prior to her work at CIT, she was a partner at Saiber, LLC, where she focused on commercial litigation and corporate matters. She also served as counsel in the commercial litigation and creditors’ rights practice at McCarter & English, LLP and was an associate at Drinker, Biddle & Reath, LLP. Ms. Washington began her law career with a clerkship for the Honorable Vincent J. Commisa, former Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
A graduate of The College of New Jersey, Ms. Washington received her undergraduate degree in accounting in 1986. She went on to study law at Seton Hall University School of Law and earned her juris doctor degree in 1989. She is a member of the American Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation and Executive Women of New Jersey.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,300 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of nearly 280 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P., as well as its 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.