DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Microfluidic Technologies for Diagnostic Applications Patent Landscape" report to their offering.
The market for microfluidic chips and microfluidic-based tests for point-of-need testing applications, which is only a part of microfluidic for diagnostic domain, should increase from $6 billion in 2015 to $ 17.2 billion in 2021.
The patent landscape related to microfluidic technologies claiming diagnostic applications is very open, providing space for both academic and industrial applicants. This landscape represents more than 1,150 families, including over 4,500 patents, and over 500 patent applicants are involved. Surprisingly, several important market players on the field of microfluidic technologies do not appear among the main patent applicants, and unexpected companies in this field, such as HP, have filed a lot of patents recently. Thereby this report provides an interesting overview on the IP situation.
Microfluidics are cross-disciplinary technologies and a lot of patented systems can be adapted for various applications. Therefore, although some key market companies do not appear among the main patent assignees, they are nevertheless involved in several patent infringement cases.
Thus, the number of patent litigations cases related to microfluidic technologies in the biomedical domain is expected to increase. Therefore, it is essential to know key patent applicants in this area and understand their IP strategies.
The analysis of the technical issues addressed by patents related to microfluidic technologies for diagnostic applications supports what we observed on the market. This indicates that the patented technologies are linked to the market and have a high potential for application.
Key Features Of The Report:
- Time evolution of patent publications and countries of patent filings
- Current legal status of patents
- Ranking of main patent applicants
- Joint developments and IP collaboration network
- Key patents and granted patents near expiration
- Relative strength of main companies IP portfolio
- IP profiles of 15 major companies
Objective Of The Report:
- Understand the IP landscape for microfluidic technologies for diagnostic applications
- Identify key patents
- Classify major players and the relative strength of their patent portfolio
- Identify new players and IP collaboration networks
- Understand patent litigations in this domain
Key Topics Covered:
3. Main Assignees
4. Executive Summary
5. Patent Landscape Overview
6. Technical Issues
7. Main Patent Litigations
8. IP Profile Of Key Players
- Fluxion Biosciences
- GPB Scientific
- Ningbo University
- Roche Diagnostics
- Samsung Electronics
- University of California
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t9nx8z/microfluidic