BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fidelity Investments®, one of the largest and most diversified global asset management firms with more than $2.2 trillion in managed assetsi, today announced that 11 Fidelity mutual funds won a total of 14 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards.
The honors are given to individual mutual funds that have outperformed peers based on risk-adjusted, consistent return. Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the three-, five-, and 10-year periods. Fidelity’s 14 awards among 11 Fidelity mutual funds in 2017 continue a strong history of Lipper Fund Award recognition across asset classes and investment styles.
“Our deep bench of investment professionals is devoted to delivering strong, consistent investment performance on behalf of our clients and fund shareholders,” said Charlie Morrison, president of Asset Management for Fidelity Investments. “We are honored to have our team’s commitment recognized by Lipper and will continue to focus on providing the best customer experience in the financial services industry by helping our customers achieve their long-term investing goals.”
The 11 Fidelity mutual funds recognized by Lipper range across a variety of asset classes and styles from equities, fixed income and asset allocation to international, high income and sector funds.
- Fidelity Select Defense and Aerospace Portfolio, managed by Jonathan Siegmann, won awards in Lipper’s Industrials category for the three- and five-year period.
- Fidelity Advisor Semiconductors Fund (Institutional), managed by Steve Barwikowski, won an award in Lipper’s Science and Technology category for the three-year period.
- Fidelity Select Semiconductors Portfolio, managed by Steve Barwikowski, won an award in Lipper’s Science & Technology category for the five-year period.
Asset Allocation Funds
- Fidelity Income Replacement 2042 Fund, managed by Andrew Dierdorf and Brett Sumsion, won awards in Lipper’s Retirement Income category for the three- and five-year periods.
Domestic and International Equity Funds
- Fidelity Overseas Fund (Class K), managed by Vincent Montemaggiore, won an award in Lipper’s International Multi-Cap Growth Funds for the five-year period.
- Fidelity Advisor International Real Estate Fund (Institutional), managed by Guillermo de las Casas, won an award in Lipper’s International Real Estate category for the five-year period.
- Fidelity OTC Portfolio, managed by Gavin Baker, won an award in Lipper’s Multi-Cap Growth category for the 10-year period.
- Fidelity Pacific Basin Fund, managed by John Dance, won awards in Lipper’s Pacific Region category for the three- and five-year periods.
- Fidelity Series Intrinsic Opportunities Fund (Class F), managed by Joel Tillinghast, won an award in Lipper’s Global Multi-Cap Value Funds for the three-year period.
High Income Funds
- Fidelity Real Estate High Income Fund, managed by Stephen Rosen and David Bagnani, won an award in Lipper’s General Bond category for the five-year period.
- Fidelity Intermediate Government Income Fund, managed by Franco Castagliuolo and Bill Irving, won an award in Lipper’s Short-Intermediate U.S. Government category for the 10-year period.
About The Lipper Fund Awards
The Lipper Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence recognize the world's top funds, fund management firms, sell-side firms, research analysts, and investor relations teams. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence also include the Extel Survey Awards and the StarMine Analyst Awards. For more information, please contact email@example.com or visit http://www.lipperfundawards.com/.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity’s mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve. With assets under administration of $6.0 trillion, including managed assets of $2.2 trillion as of February 28, 2017, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 26 million people invest their own life savings, 23,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 12,500 financial advisory firms with investment and technology solutions to invest their own clients’ money. Privately held for 70 years, Fidelity employs 45,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about.
Before investing, consider the fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. Please visit www.fidelity.com or advisor.fidelity.com for a prospectus or if available, a summary prospectus, containing this information.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
In general the bond market is volatile, and fixed income securities carry interest rate risk. (As interest rates rise, bond prices usually fall, and vice versa. This effect is usually more pronounced for longer-term securities.) Fixed income securities also carry inflation risk, liquidity risk, call risk and credit and default risks for both issuers and counterparties. Unlike individual bonds, most bond funds do not have a maturity date, so avoiding losses caused by price volatility by holding them until maturity is not possible.
Lower-quality debt securities generally offer higher yields, but also involve greater risk of default or price changes due to potential changes in the credit quality of the issuer.
Stock markets are volatile and can fluctuate significantly in response to company, industry, political, real estate, regulatory, market, or economic developments. Investing in stock involves risks, including the loss of principal.
Foreign markets can be more volatile than U.S. markets due to increased risks of adverse issuer, political, market or economic developments, all of which are magnified in emerging markets. These risks are particularly significant for funds that focus on a single country or region.
Because of their narrow focus, sector funds tend to be more volatile than funds that diversify across many sectors and companies.
Shareholders may be subject to certain short-term trading fees. Please consult the prospectus for further information.
About Lipper Rating System
A Lipper Leader for Consistent Return is a fund that has provided superior consistency and risk-adjusted returns when compared to a group of similar funds. Lipper Leaders for Consistent Return may be the best fit for investors who value a fund’s year-to-year consistency relative to other funds in a particular peer group.
Investors are cautioned that some peer groups are inherently more volatile than others, and even Lipper Leaders for Consistent Return in the most volatile groups may not be well suited to shorter-term goals or less risk-tolerant investors.
How Lipper Leaders are Rated for Consistent Return
Lipper Leader ratings for Consistent Return reflect funds' historic returns, adjusted for volatility, relative to peers. Ratings for Consistent Return are computed for all Lipper classifications with five or more distinct portfolios and span both equity and fixed-income funds (e.g., large-cap core, general U.S. Treasury, etc.)
The ratings are subject to change every month and are calculated for the following time periods: 3-year, 5-year, 10- year, and overall. The overall calculation is based on an equal-weighted average of percentile ranks for the Consistent Return metrics over 3-year, 5-year, and 10-year periods (if applicable). The highest 20% of funds in each classification are named Lipper Leaders for Consistent Return. The next 20% receive a rating of 4; the middle 20% are rated 3; the next 20% are rated 2, and the lowest 20% are rated 1.
Fidelity Investments and Lipper are not affiliated.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC
900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
Fidelity Investments Institutional Services Company, Inc.,
500 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
National Financial Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC,
200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02110
© 2017 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.
i As of February 28, 2017.