MONTPELLIER, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
DEINOVE (Paris:ALDEI) (Alternext Paris: ALDEI), a biotech company that discovers, develops and produces high-value compounds from rare bacteria, notably from the Deinococcus genus, announced that it has reached a new stage in the structuring of its cosmetics activity and now has a catalog of strains with confirmed properties.
DEINOVE undertook in 2016 extensive screening program of its bacterial collection to identify strains displaying properties considered useful for cosmetic applications, mainly in skin care. A selection of 430 wild-type strains was screened by the Fluofarma laboratory, specializing in cell-based assays, to assess the effect of compounds in various applications and especially in cosmetics.
In vitro screening tests helped to identify successfully dozens of strains with sought-after properties in cosmetics, nutrition, and health:
- Antioxidant properties, for anti-aging, firmness or anti-UV, for example;
- Anti-inflammatory, especially for a soothing effect (for sensitive or irritated skin, or for post-operative skin care);
- Healing properties for damaged or photo-damaged skin, post-operative applications, repair, anti-aging;
- Activity on lipolysis for slimming, anti-cellulite;
- Action on lipid storage that can be exploited for a plumping and moisturizing effect, etc.
"These results are a solid foundation for the development of our activities, initially in cosmetics, skin and hair. They were obtained thanks to the work of our teams and our collaboration with Fluofarma, an expert laboratory in in vitro screening. As we foresaw, our strain bank has exceptional potential. This is now fully confirmed and we have a catalog of strains with various and identified properties to fuel the ongoing discussions and open up new opportunities with the industrial stakeholders," said Emmanuel PETIOT, CEO of DEINOVE.
DEINOVE (Alternext Paris: ALDEI) is a biotech company that discovers, develops and produces compounds with industrial value from rare microorganisms, for the healthcare, nutrition and cosmetics markets.
These innovative production methods represent a sustainable and competitive alternative.
For this, DEINOVE relies on two key assets:
- A unique strain bank with 6,000 rare bacteria that have not yet been exploited, mainly of the Deinococcus genus;
- A genetic, metabolic and fermentation engineering platform that enables them to customize these natural micro-factories, transforming them into new industry standards.
Based in Montpellier, DEINOVE employs approximately 50 employees and has nearly 160 international patent applications. The Company has been listed on Alternext since April 2010.