NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nuveen, the investment management arm of TIAA, was recognized through its affiliates in 14 categories of the 2017 Thomson Reuters Lipper Fund Awards. TIAA Investments, through its TIAA-CREF mutual funds, was named Best Overall Large Fund Company for the fifth consecutive year and also received the Best Mixed Assets Large Fund Group award for the second year in a row for its multi-asset strategies, including the TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Fund series and the TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index Fund series. Nuveen Asset Management received 11 individual fund awards for its municipal fund offerings as well as the Global Multi-Cap Value Funds award. The recognition demonstrates the collective accomplishments of the firm as well as the distinct expertise of the firm’s investment affiliates.
“Lipper’s recognition of our investment affiliates’ excellence in several categories is a great honor and well-deserved recognition for our exceptional investment teams across the firm,” said Rob Leary, CEO of Nuveen. “These awards are a testament to the distinct strengths of our affiliates and their skill in delivering highly competitive, diversified investment solutions to our clients.”
For more than three decades, The Thomson Reuters Lipper Fund Awards have honored individual funds and fund management firms that have excelled in providing consistently strong risk-adjusted performance relative to their peers. These awards recognize funds and fund management firms for their consistently strong risk-adjusted three-, five-, and ten-year performance relative to their peers, based on Lipper’s proprietary performance-based methodology and fund families are recognized with asset class group awards for their superior firm-wide performance.
The awards won by Nuveen’s affiliates are as follows:
- TIAA Investments - Best Overall Large Fund Company Award
- TIAA Investments - Best Mixed Assets Large Fund Group Award
- Nuveen All-American Municipal Bond Fund I - General & Insured Municipal Debt Funds Award, 10 Years out of 62 funds
- Nuveen High Yield Municipal Debt Fund I - High Yield Municipal Debt Funds Award, 5 years out of 31 funds
- Nuveen California Municipal Bond Fund I - California Municipal Debt Funds Award, 10 years out of 32 funds
- Nuveen California High Yield Municipal Bond Fund I – California Municipal Debt Funds Award, 3 years out of 34 funds
- Nuveen California High Yield Municipal Bond Fund I - California Municipal Debt Funds Award, 5 years out of 32 funds
- Nuveen Massachusetts Municipal Bond Fund I - Massachusetts Municipal Debt Funds Award, 5 years out of 13 funds
- Nuveen Massachusetts Municipal Bond Fund I - Massachusetts Municipal Debt Funds Award, 10 years out of 13 funds
- Nuveen Minnesota Municipal Bond Fund I - Minnesota Municipal Debt Funds Award, 10 years out of 13 funds
- Nuveen New Jersey Municipal Bond Fund I - New Jersey Municipal Debt Funds Award, 10 years out of 15 funds
- Nuveen Pennsylvania Municipal Bond Fund I - Pennsylvania Municipal Debt Funds Award, 10 years out of 18 funds
- Nuveen Virginia Municipal Bond Fund I - Virginia Municipal Debt Funds Award, 10 years out of 11 funds
- Nuveen Tradewinds Value Opportunities Fund* - Global Multi-Cap Value Funds Award 10 years of out 13 funds
The calculation periods extend over 36, 60, and 120 months. The highest Thomson Reuters Lipper Leader for Consistent Return (Effective Return) value within each eligible classification determines the fund classification winner over three, five, or ten years.
* The Nuveen Tradewinds Value Opportunities Fund will be reorganized into the Nuveen NWQ Global Equity Income Fund effective March 24, 2017.
Nuveen offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. As the investment management arm of TIAA, Nuveen has $882 billion in assets under management as of 12/31/16 and operations in 16 countries. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information, please visit www.nuveen.com.
The Lipper Large Fund Award is given to the group with the lowest average decile ranking of three years’ Consistent Return for eligible funds over the three-year period ended 11/30/12 (36 fund companies), 11/30/13 (48), 11/30/14 (48), 11/30/15 (37) and 11/30/16 (37) with at least five equity, five bond, or three mixed-asset portfolios. For the Mixed-Assets category, TIAA ranked against 39 and 36 fund families for the three-year period ended 11/30/15 and 11/30/16, respectively. Note these awards pertain to mutual funds within the TIAA-CREF group of mutual funds; other funds distributed by Nuveen Securities were not included. From Thomson Reuters Lipper Awards, © 2017 Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Certain funds have fee waivers in effect. Without such waivers ratings could be lower. For current performance, rankings and prospectuses, please visit the Research and Performance section on TIAA.org. Nuveen Securities, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. Please call 877-518-9161 or log on to www.tiaa.org for product and fund prospectuses that contain this and other information. Please read the prospectuses carefully before investing.
This material is not intended to be a recommendation or investment advice, does not constitute a solicitation to buy or sell securities, and is not provided in a fiduciary capacity. The information provided does not take into account the specific objectives or circumstances of any particular investor, or suggest any specific course of action. Investment decisions should be made based on an investor's objectives and circumstances and in consultation with his or her advisors.
Nuveen LLC, formerly known as TIAA Global Asset Management, provides investment services through TIAA and its registered investment advisers.