Deception technology falls into a category of security tools and techniques used to prevent damage that can be caused by someone who has gained access to a network. The technology uses decoys to manipulate the hacker and works towards delaying or preventing hackers from digging deeper into the network.
Deception technology products are used to mimic genuine IT assets throughout the network. The decoys use either a real or emulated operating system (OS) and tricks the hackers by misleading them all the way. Attackers are lured into scanning or attacking a decoy, and eventually the system notifies a special dedicated server called an engagement server or a deception server.
The deception technology is primarily designed to identify inside-the-network threats and their lateral movements Alerts are event-driven and automatically supported by forensics which can be analysed with other log data from the organization's SIEM system when there is a need. Advanced deception systems also are capable of opening communication with the attacker's command and control (C&C) server to identify the methods used by the attackers and the tools used.
- Trapx Security
- Attivo Networks
- Illusive Networks
- Allure Security Technology
- TopSpin Security
- Varmour and
Key Topics Covered:
(756 Tables & 368 Pages)
1. Market Scope & Methodology
2. Market Overview
3. Global Deception Technology Market - By Component
4. Global Deception Technology Services Market - By Category
5. Global Deception Technology Services Market - By Type
6. Global Deception Technology Market - By Deception Stack
7. Global Deception Technology Market - By Deployment Mode
8. Global Deception Technology Market - By Organization Size
9. Global Deception Technology Market - By Vertical
10. Global Deception Technology Market - By Geography
11. Company Profile
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qt2nll/global_deception