DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Market for MEMS and NEMS Sensors - Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
MEMS sensors have proven high performance, when compared to similar sensors based on competing technologies. Using macro-level machining to manufacture pressure sensors has resulted in high-precision sensors that can be used in critical applications. Accelerometers based on MEMS technology are highly sensitive. They have fail-safe performance in extremely critical applications such as air bag activation and vehicle stability within the automotive end user.
Miniaturization of MEMS has disproved that the performance of a sensor is most often inversely related to its size. A key benefit of miniaturization is substantial improvement frequency response of sensors as their size decreases. However, in terms of limitations, some technologists have reported a decrease in the raw sensitivity of MEMS-based microphones, pressure sensors, gyroscopes, and accelerometers when miniaturized. At the same time, large investments are being made in research and development of new-generation MEMS sensor devices, ranging from less than a micron to several millimeters with proven high performance.
Increasing demand for MEMS-based sensors is an indication of fast-growing penetration of miniature or nano-sensors. There is a large number of diverse sensor types based on MEMS technology. Currently, there are 15 sensors based on MEMS that are used in diverse applications within various vertical end-user markets. They include both stand-alone and single parameter monitoring to combined sensors monitoring more than one parameter. Accelerometers and pressure sensors are the largest revenue generators for the MEMS sensors market.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the MEMS and NEMS sensors market growing?
- How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What is the structure of the MEMS and NEMS sensors market across industries and how is it expected to take shape?
- What are the different types of sensors, technologies, and regulatory trends observed in the marketplace?
- What are the recent mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in the market?
- Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
- What are the important geographical regions for the market?
- What is the growth forecast for these regions?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. MEMS Sensors Fabrication Techniques
4. Drivers and Restraints-Total MEMS and NEMS Sensors Market
5. Forecast and Trends-Total MEMS and NEMS Sensors Market
6. Market Share Analysis- Total MEMS and NEMS Sensors Market
7. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Automotive
8. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Industrial
9. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Healthcare & Medical
10. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Consumer Electronics
11. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Aircraft & Space
12. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Telecommunications & IT
13. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Internal Security
14. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Test & Measurement
15. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Military & Defense
16. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Infrastructure
17. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Printing (Inkjets)
18. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Biotechnology
19. MEMS and NEMS Sensors in Others
20. IoT and MEMS Sensors
21. The Last Word
- Applied MEMC
- Hewlett Packard
- MEMS Vision
- Memscap PLC
- Robert Bosch
- ST Microelectronics
- Texas Instruments
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xvfhv7/global_market_for