DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "MEMS Oscillator Market by Packaging Type (Surface-Mount Device Package and Chip-Scale Package), Band (MHz and kHz), General Circuitry (SPMO, TCMO, VCMO, FSMO, DCMO, and SSMO), Application, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The overall MEMS oscillator market was valued at USD 79.2 million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 802.8 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 46.08% between 2017 and 2022.
The rapid growth of mobile infrastructure, electronic wearables, and Internet of Things; and the rising need for electronic device miniaturization, improved performance, and increased functionality are the factors driving the growth of the MEMS oscillator market. However, high R&D costs and low profit margins act as restraints for the market.
The increasing adoption of TCMOs, especially for products that require higher accuracy and longer battery life such as wearables, smart energy applications, mobile phones, tablets, and data cards, is expected to drive the market for TCMOs during the forecast period. In addition, TCMOs, with their excellent dynamic performance under stressful environmental conditions, are able to solve the deep-rooted timing problems in telecom and networking.
The market for the wearables and Internet of Things application is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period, owing to the increasing penetration of MEMS oscillators in wearables and Internet of Things where legacy quartz technology is no longer used due to its technological limitations in size for low-frequency products. Along with this, explosive growth in Internet-connected devices and increasing adoption of wearable technology where MEMS oscillator is a preferred timing component, owing to its inherent advantages such as small size, low power consumption, and high reliability, are expected to drive the MEMS oscillator market.
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The market in APAC is further subsegmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and Rest of APAC. The increased demand for MEMS oscillators in wearables and Internet of Things and the rapid growth of Internet of Things in APAC are the two crucial factors encouraging the market growth in this region.
- Rapid Growth of Mobile Infrastructure, Electronic Wearables, and Internet of Things
- Standardized Supply Chain With High Ramp Rates and Short Lead Times
- Rising Need for Electronic Device Miniaturization, Improved Performance, and Increased Functionality
- Use of Long-Established Quartz Technology
- High R&D Costs and Low Profit Margins
- Growing Need for High-Precision Timing Components Owing to Network Densification
- Increasing Adoption of Advanced Automotive Electronics
- Actively Managing Performance and Cost Trade-Offs Without Compromising on Quality and Reliability
- Abracon Holdings, LLC
- Daishinku Corp.
- Ecliptek Corporation
- ILSI America LLC
- IQD Frequency Products Limited
- Jauch Quartz GmbH
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Raltron Electronics Corporation
- Sitime Corporation
- Vectron International, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9f5r5j/mems_oscillator