DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Panasonic PGA26C09DV 600V GaN HEMT: Complete Teardown Analysis" report to their offering.
Panasonic's PGA26C09DV features a medium-voltage breakdown of 600V for a current of 15A (25°C), with very low RdsOn compared to its competitors. The transistor is optimized for AC-DC power supply, photovoltaic, and motor inverters.
The GaN and AlGaN layers are deposited by epitaxy on a silicon substrate. A complex buffer and template layer structure is used to reduce stress and dislocation. This is complemented by a thick superlattice structure clearly visible in the TEM analysis.
Based on a complete teardown analysis, this report also provides a production cost estimate for the epitaxy, HEMT, and package.
Moreover, this report offers a comparison with GaN Systems' GS66504B and Transphorm's GaN HEMT, highlighting the huge differences in design and manufacturing process and their impact on device size and production cost.
Key Topics Covered:
Overview / Introduction
- Executive summary
- Reverse costing methodology
- Synthesis of the physical analysis
- Package analysis
- Package opening
- Package cross-section
- HEMT die view & dimensions
- HEMT die process
- HEMT die cross-section
- TEM epitaxy analysis
- HEMT die process characteristics
HEMT Manufacturing Process
- HEMT die front-end process
- HEMT die fabrication unit
- Final test & packaging fabrication unit
- Synthesis of the cost analysis
- Yield explanations and hypotheses
- HEMT die
- HEMT die front-end cost
- HEMT die probe test, thinning, and dicing
- HEMT die wafer cost
- HEMT die cost
- Wafer cost evolution
- Die cost evolution
- Assembly cost
- Synthesis of the assembly
- Component cost
Estimated sales price
- Comparison between Transphorm and GaN Systems' HEMT
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z7zrll/panasonic