Now functioning in eight countries as detailed in the report, Google's Android Pay was first put in service in the USA in September 2015. Users of Android Pay typically link a credit, debit or prepaid card to the mobile wallet service to be able to make payments with their mobile phone in a store or when shopping through the smartphone.
Studies cited in the publication show that Android Pay trailed Apple Pay usage in the USA last year, but was ahead of Samsung Pay. The report includes news of recent partnerships and details of usage in the markets where Android Pay functions.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the main payment and value-added features of Android Pay?
- Which markets are covered with Android Pay's mobile wallet service?
- What types of cards can be loaded to Android Pay?
- How high are the awareness and usage rates of Android Pay in the USA?
- What is the estimated U.S. in-store payment volume of Android Pay in 2016?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
- Overview of Android Pay, December 2016
- Supported Countries
- Overview of Countries/Territories Supported by Android Pay, incl. Date of Launch, September 2015 - December 2016
3. Payment Features
- Overview of Payment Features of Android Pay, December 2016
- Overview of Security Features of Android Pay, December 2016
- Types of Payment Cards Supported by Android Pay, by Country/Territory, December 2016
4. Value-Added Features
- Overview of Value-Added Features of Android Pay, December 2016
5. Adoption and Usage
- Examples of Merchants Accepting Android Pay, by Country/Territory, December 2016
- Volume of In-Store Payments with Android Pay in the USA, Compared to Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, in USD billion, 2016e
- Number of In-Store Monthly Users of Android Pay in the USA, Compared to Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, in millions, 2016e
- Selected Data Related to Usage of Android Pay in the USA, incl. Awareness, Usage for Purchase, Frequency of Usage, Average Number of Cards Loaded, and Satisfaction Rating, Compared to Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, June 2016
- Types of Cards Loaded into Android Pay, Compared to Apple Pay and Android Pay, in % of Users in the USA, June 2016
- Alphabet Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Google Inc.
- Samsung Pay Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8rc3sb/android_pay