DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Jamaican Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Jamaican Insurance Industry" report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Financial Services Commission is responsible for regulating the Jamaican insurance industry. It protects consumer rights and promotes development of the country's insurance industry.
- The government of Jamaica permits 100% foreign direct investment in the country's insurance industry.
- The practice of non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Jamaican insurance industry.
- The government of Jamaica is planning to introduce the National Health Insurance Scheme in the country under the National Health Fund Act.
- The Insurance Association of Jamaica provides support service to the insurance industry by effective lobbying, providing relevant information helpful for decision-making, providing avenues for addressing common concerns and promoting sound industry practices and ethical conducts of members.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xhx9kn/governance_risk.