DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Ethiopian Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Ethiopian Insurance Industry" report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Ethiopia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Ethiopian insurance industry is regulated by the NBE.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries are compulsory classes of insurance.
- Composite insurance is permitted in Ethiopia.
- The government does not permit foreign direct investment in the insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Ethiopia. However, unauthorized reinsurance companies can reinsure risks located in Ethiopia on a cross-border basis.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulation
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
- Ethiopian Re
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m4959r/governance_risk.