GAINESVILLE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Exactech (Nasdaq: EXAC), a developer and producer of bone and joint restoration products and biologic solutions for extremities, knee and hip, announced today its lineup of products to be showcased at the company’s educational exhibit, Booth #1433, at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2017 Annual Meeting, March 15-17 in San Diego, Calif.
Highlights of Exactech’s latest innovations include:
- ExactechGPS®, a compact, surgeon-controlled computer-assisted surgical technology that delivers reproducible results in total joint arthroplasty, expands its offerings with new knee applications, as well as the first application for total shoulder arthroplasty*. Live demonstrations will take place throughout the event.
- The Equinoxe® Humeral Reconstruction Prosthesis offers a unique and stable solution for complex and challenging shoulder arthroplasty cases with significant humeral bone loss.** Also featured will be the new Preserve Stem, a conservative treatment option designed for preserving humeral bone.
- The Vantage® Total Ankle System is Exactech’s first product in the foot and ankle market. The system features both tibial and talar components, which were designed for minimal bone resection and optimal support for the anatomically shaped implant.
- The Optetrak Logic® CC Revision Knee System offers a comprehensive portfolio to help surgeons address challenging revision cases. Exactech’s redesigned, intuitive instrumentation for an efficient, streamlined surgical experience will also be showcased.
- The Alteon® Monobloc Revision Femoral Stem is a press-fit, distally fixed, one-piece tapered, splined titanium stem. It incorporates specific philosophies designed to improve surgical experiences and clinical outcomes for hip arthroplasty patients.
- The InterSpace® Tapered Wedge Hip Spacer and data behind InterSpace’s preformed spacer technology with 20 years of clinical experience will be showcased. The AcuDriver® Automated Osteotome Handpiece for implant removal will be featured in live demonstrations.
- Ossilix® is a high performance, next generation calcium phosphate cement indicated for filling bony defects in cancellous bone. Ossilix is fast- and hardsetting within approximately six minutes in a 37°F wet environment. Once set, it can be drilled and inserted with screws. In addition, the Biologics offerings will include Reveille™ Cartilage Processor, a cost effective option for single stage surgery with autologous cartilage. Reveille is used for intra-operative resizing of autologous tissue into usable particles.
Exactech will showcase new clinical data in the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Compendium of Shoulder Outcomes and Research and Exactech Knee Scientific and Clinical Evidence booklet. Scientists and surgeon consultants will be available to discuss the articles, as well as share their experiences on all of the company’s latest product innovations. Attendees may also learn about Exactech’s patient education and practice marketing program at the booth.
Visit www.exac.com/academy for more information on featured products, scheduled clinical experts and live demonstrations.
*The ExactechGPS Total Shoulder Application is currently undergoing premarket review by the FDA. It is intended for use during preoperative planning and during stereotaxic surgery to aid the surgeon in locating anatomical structures and aligning the endoprostheses with the anatomical structures.
**The Equinoxe Humeral Reconstruction Prosthesis is not indicated for use with the reverse shoulder components in oncology applications.
Based in Gainesville, Fla., Exactech develops and markets orthopaedic implant devices, related surgical instruments and biologic materials and services to hospitals and physicians. The company manufactures many of its orthopaedic devices at its Gainesville facility. Exactech’s orthopaedic products are used in the restoration of bones and joints that have deteriorated as a result of injury or diseases such as arthritis. Exactech markets its products in the United States, in addition to more than 30 markets in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Additional information about Exactech can be found at http://www.exac.com.
A current investment profile on Exactech (Nasdaq: EXAC) is available online at http://www.hawkassociates.com/profile/exac.cfm. To receive future releases in e-mail alerts, sign up at http://www.hawkassociates.com/about/alert.
This release contains various forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which represent the company’s expectations or beliefs concerning future events of the company’s financial performance. These forward-looking statements are further qualified by important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include the effect of competitive pricing, the company’s dependence on the ability of third party manufacturers to produce components on a basis which is cost-effective to the company, market acceptance of the company’s products and the effects of government regulation. Results actually achieved may differ materially from expected results included in these statements.