DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "E-prescribing Market by Product, Delivery Mode, & End User - Global Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
The global e-prescribing market is projected to reach USD 1,403.2 million by 2021 at a CAGR of 20.8% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021.
Factors such as the government initiatives and incentive programs, rising focus on the reduction of fraud and abuse of controlled substances, focus on reducing medical errors, and the need to curtail escalating healthcare costs are driving the market. Several major players rely on signing contracts for agreements, collaborations, and partnerships to achieve growth in the market. In addition, market players are focusing on acquiring local market players to expand their portfolios and enhance their distribution channels in emerging markets.
North America is the largest market for e-prescribing, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. However, Asia-Pacific possesses lucrative growth potential for the e-prescribing market during the forecast period. The high growth of this region can be attributed to the healthcare organizations in the Asia-Pacific region that are actively moving towards digitization with a focus on streamlining their entire workflow and ensuring patient safety. The hospitals in Japan are widely adopting best practices such as healthcare information exchange, e-prescribing, and electronic health record systems to provide quality care to patients.
The market is consolidated at the top with the top five companies accounting for more than half of the global market.
Key Market Dynamics
- Government Initiatives & Incentive Programs
- Rising Focus on the Reduction of Fraud & Abuse of Controlled Substances
- Focus on Reducing Medication Errors
- Need to Curtail Escalating Healthcare Costs
- High Cost of Deployment
- Reluctance to Adopt New Technology
- Security and Workflow Issues
- Services Industry to Provide Opportunities for Revenue Generation
- APAC Markets to Register High Growth
- Lack of Technological Awareness Among End Users
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Athenahealth, Inc.
- Cerner Corporation
- Change Healthcare Holdings, Inc.
- Computer Programs and Systems, Inc.
- Drfirst, Inc.
- Epic Systems Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Greenway Health LLC
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Medical Information Technology, Inc.
- Practice Fusion, Inc.
- Quality Systems, Inc.
- Relayhealth Corporation
- Surescripts-Rxhub, LLC.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rzfw48/eprescribing