DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Stem Cell Therapy Market by Type, Therapeutic Application, Cell Source - Global Forecasts to 2021" report to their offering.
The global stem cell therapy market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.0% during 2016 to 2021 to reach USD 145.8 million by 2021.
Growth in the global stem cell therapy market is driven by factors such as the growing awareness of the therapeutic potency of stem cells in effective disease management, development of advanced genome-based cell analysis techniques, increasing public-private investments for development of stem cell therapies, identification of new stem cell lines, and developments in infrastructure related to stem cell banking and processing.
In addition, countries such as Japan, South Korea, and China are offering new growth opportunities for players operating in this market. The North American region is expected to command the largest share in the stem cell therapy market in 2016.
The stem cell therapy market is niche industry with a growing number of global and local companies involved in the development and commercialization of stem cell therapy products. Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (U.S.), MEDIPOST Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Anterogen Co., Ltd. (South Korea), and Pharmicell Co., Ltd. (South Korea) were the leading players in the global stem cell therapy market in 2015.
New product launches and approvals; expansions; and partnerships and agreements are the major strategies adopted by most of the market players to achieve growth in the stem cell therapy market during 2013-2016.
Market Growth Drivers
- Growing Awareness Related to the Therapeutic Potency of Stem Cells in Effective Disease Management
- Development of Advanced Genome-Based Cell Analysis Techniques
- Increasing Public-Private Investments for the Development of Stem Cell Therapies
- Development in Infrastructure Related to Stem Cell Banking and Processing
- Unclear Regulatory Guidelines for Product Development & Commercialization
- Socio-Ethical Issues Related to the Use of Escs in Disease Treatment
Market Growth Opportunities
- Supportive Regulations Across Developing Countries
- Emergence of Ipscs as an Effective Alternative to Escs
- Technical Limitations Related to Production Scale-Up
- Anterogen Co., Ltd.
- Holostem Terapie Avanzate Srl
- JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
- Medipost Co., Ltd.
- Nuvasive, Inc.
- Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
- Pharmicell Co., Ltd.
- RTI Surgical, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p3nlbg/stem_cell_therapy