DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Bacteriocide Market in Agriculture by Type, Crop Type, Mode of Application, Form, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The global bactericide market in agriculture is projected to reach a value of USD 11.88 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2016.
The market is driven by factors such as growth in the crop production, ease of application, increase in need for food security for the increasing population, and rise in preference for bactericides.
The change in farming practices (from traditional to conventional), clubbed with advanced technologies and promotion by the governments of many countries across the world also drives the demand for bactericides in the agricultural sector. However, factors such as lack of education and awareness among the farmers and rise in instances of environmental toxicology, are restraining the growth of the bactericide market in agriculture.
On the basis of mode of application, the bactericide market in agriculture has been segmented into foliar spray, seed treatment, soil treatment, and post-harvest. The market was led by foliar spray followed by soil treatment. Foliar is largely used by farmers because of its high efficiency and ease of use. The market for soil treatment is rapidly growing mainly due to the increasing application of bactericides, other nutrition enhancers, and plant growth regulators to treat with soil for protection against pest attacks in the initial stage of crop production.
Europe dominated the market with the largest share, Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing region in the market
- Increasing Instances of Bacterial Infections in Crops
- Shrinking Arable Land Per Capita
- Shift in Farming Techniques and Technologies
- Harmful Effects of Overdose of Certain Bacteriocide Active Ingredients
- Rising Instances of Environmental Toxicology
- New Target Market: Latin America & the Middle East
- Integrated Management Measures for Bacterial Plant Pathogens
- Stringent Regulations Worldwide
- Long Gestation Period for New Products
- ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Bayer Cropscience AG
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
- FMC Corporation
- Nippon Soda Co. Ltd
- Nufarm Limited
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Syngenta AG
- The DOW Chemical Company
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b4mbdc/bacteriocide