DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The European Tires Market, 2012 - 2020; Market size, market forecast and recommendations" report to their offering.
The European Tires Market 2012-2020, a Trend Report, provides an executive-level overview of the European tires market today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the European tires market, analyzing key trends in the market based on proprietary data from the author's aftermarket databases.
This position has now changed, and all markets except Greece and Slovenia recorded growth over the five year period. Over the next four years, many of Europe's major tire markets are expected to show small increases in value, as markets continue to recover, sales of new vehicles continue to rise and the parc simultaneously grows and ages.
Tire specialists remain the leading tire distribution channel in Europe as they offer the widest range of products, including many of the budget and widely purchased premium products. Additionally, dealerships and the online channel are set to grow.
However, tire specialists will increasingly have to offer additional services in order to remain competitive, whilst dealerships will need to change their focus as the number of vehicles bought on personal leases increases, from selling tires, to selling a full service package.
- The volume of tires sold in Europe rose 1.7% between 2015 and 2016.
- Over 22.6 million new tires will be added to the market by 2020, taking the total market volume to 318,284,962.
- The value of tires sold in Europe grew by 4.1% between 2015 and 2016.
- The market value is forecast to grow by 11.2% by 2020 to reach 195,262,174,317.
- Market growth is being driven by manufacturers continuing to chase fuel efficiency gains through the use of different compounds and lightweight construction methods, consumer demand for premium tires over mid-range or budget tires and the continuing trend for vehicles to roll on super-sized rims.
- Tire specialists continue to lead the market in terms of value and volume shares, but increasingly VMNs and the online channel are taking a growing share. The online channel - often supplemented by mobile fitment options - are becoming increasingly popular.
Key Topics Covered:
Section 1: Sector Trends 12 Tires: Channel Shares 2016 46
Section 2: Market Size: Volumes & Values 2012-2016
Section 3: Market Forecast: Volumes & Values 2017-2020
Section 4: Channel Shares 2016/2020
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jcnmrg/the_european