DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Smartphone Trends in Asia: The Rise of Domestic Brands in Southeast Asia's Smartphone Markets" report to their offering.
Smartphone Trends in Asia: The Rise of Domestic Brands in Southeast Asia's Smartphone Markets report provides an overview of the strategies domestic mobile phone vendors have adopted in Southeast Asia, including analysis of the major components.
Domestic mobile handset manufacturers are rapidly gaining a strong foothold in Southeast Asian countries with their feature-rich devices at much more affordable prices compared global vendors such as Apple, Samsung and Microsoft. Domestic smartphone vendors have enjoyed significant success in the Philippines and Indonesia on the back of low-cost devices accompanied with offers on entertainment and social media content and applications.
Filipino vendor Cherry Mobile offers 4G mobile at $299, which has the same specs but costs nearly 30% less than Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. On the other hand some markets like Vietnam have remained challenging for local vendors as consumer in the country tend to favor high-status international brands. Most domestic vendors have followed a specific formula incorporating 4Ps of marketing - product, price, place and promotion - to gain market share of established brands.
These homegrown vendors have been facing strong competition from Chinese and global vendors who are responding by introducing devices at low prices to save their market share. Regulations in some countries like Indonesia where government has mandated local production, have benefitted domestic vendors by increasing cost for global vendors.
Key Topics Covered:
- Market context: Current positioning of Southeast Asian handset brands
- Market context: Leading domestic brands
- Market context: Mobile vendor categories
- Market share
- How Southeast Asian device makers have leveraged the 4Ps of marketing
- The 4Ps of Marketing
- Future drivers and inhibitors
- Regulatory market drivers
- Technology market drivers: Migrating users from 2G to 3G/4G
- Demand market drivers: Feature phone to smartphone migration
- Competition inhibitors: Competition from new wave of low-cost Chinese vendors
- Competition inhibitors: International vendors lowering prices
- Market details: Case Studies
- The Philippines: Cherry Mobile
- Thailand: i-mobile
- Vietnam: Bphone
- Indonesia: Advan
- Conclusions: Key findings and recommendations
- Acronyms and Definitions
- Mito Mobile
- Cherry Mobile
- Star Mobile
- Q (ABtel)
- SKK Mobile
- SKG Mobile
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wl8549/smartphone_trends