RICHMOND, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For 13 consecutive years, CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, has been named by FORTUNE magazine as one of its 100 Best Companies to Work For ®. CarMax ranks No. 77 for 2017.
CarMax is currently hiring for more than 2,000 positions in existing and new locations across the country. The majority of open store positions are in sales, with additional positions in service (detailers, experienced technicians), purchasing and the business office. Positions range from full to part-time, with day and evening shifts available. Opportunities are also available at CarMax Auto Finance in Atlanta, Georgia, and at the CarMax Home Office and CarMax Shockoe locations in Richmond, Virginia. Interested candidates can visit the CarMax careers website to apply.
"CarMax is unique and different because of our associates,” said Bill Nash, CarMax CEO. “Their dedication and drive to not only support the customer, but each other, is what makes CarMax a great place to work.”
Some of the areas with a large number of job openings include: Los Angeles and Sacramento, CA; Baltimore, MD; Richmond, VA; Boston, MA; Portland, OR; and Atlanta, GA.
“You don’t necessarily need to have experience in the automotive industry to work at CarMax,” said Monica Kidder, Sales Manager at the CarMax location in Irvine, CA. “We focus on hiring people with high integrity and provide award-winning training and development to help our associates build great careers and achieve long-term success.”
Why Work at CarMax?
- CarMax is committed to hiring people with strong values of integrity, transparency and respect. We live these values every day and they drive how we treat our associates and our customers.
- CarMax offers unmatched training and support for associate career growth, and is one of Training Magazine’s "Training Top 125" companies in America (10 years in a row).
- CarMax offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays with quality equipment, and associates receive discounts on car purchases and other services.
- CarMax is recognized by G.I. Jobs as a Military Friendly Employer.
- While technicians require previous automotive experience, most other positions do not.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply at jobs.carmax.com.
CarMax is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars and operates more than 170 stores in 39 states nationwide. CarMax revolutionized the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity car buying experience customers want and deserve. For more than 20 years, CarMax has made car buying more ethical, fair and stress-free by offering a no-haggle, no-hassle experience and an incredible selection of vehicles. CarMax makes selling your car easy too, by offering no-obligation appraisals good for seven days. At CarMax, we’ll buy your car even if you don’t buy ours®. CarMax has more than 23,000 associates nationwide and for 13 consecutive years has been named as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®. During the 12 months ending February 29, 2016, the company retailed 619,936 used cars and sold 394,437 wholesale vehicles at its in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.
About The Fortune 100 Best Companies To Work For®
To identify the 100 Best Companies to Work For®, each year Fortune partners with Great Place to Work to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America. The ranking is based on feedback from more than 232,000 employees at Great Place to Work–Certified™ companies with more than 1,000 employees. Winning a spot on this list indicates the company has distinguished itself from peers by creating a great place to work for employees.