GUANGZHOU, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mannatech®, Incorporated (NASDAQ: MTEX), a global health and wellness company committed to transforming lives to make a better world, is combating the health hazards posed by excess body fat, or visceral fat, by providing education about this problem and offering a solution via its TruHealth™ Fat-Loss System.
Carrying extra fat has long been established as being unhealthy, and there are places on the body where those extra pounds are stored that can have a serious impact on your health.
For example, the health and wellness experts at Mannatech agree that having too much weight in the thighs or rear is less harmful than the deep, internal abdominal fat – known as visceral fat, which has a direct and negative effect on a body’s health.
To deal with this problem, it first needs to be identified. For instance, the fact that an individual’s pants may be tighter but their scale weight hasn’t changed may not be a good sign after all.
This is because subcutaneous fat – the sort that gives cellulite – that lies under the skin and is often stored on the thighs, buttocks and arms isn’t nearly as problematic as visceral fat. Although it’s important to keep overall fat levels within a healthy range, it’s visceral fat that people should be more concerned about.
The good news is visceral fat is not necessarily here to stay. In fact, visceral fat is often the first fat to go when starting a weight management program. This is because it can be used as stored energy.
But one should keep an eye on the waistline and should not put so much stock on scale weight or body mass index numbers. Some studies have found that even if someone does not fall in the overweight category, and is building up fat around the middle section, they may be storing too much visceral fat. So Mannatech suggests taking regular measurements of the waistline to help monitor this possible fat build up.
Here are a few suggestions from Mannatech on how to combat the creeping threat of visceral fat:
- Get off the couch and get moving. It doesn’t need to be a marathon run, but regular moderate exercise – 30 minutes per day – can be helpful. Cardiovascular exercise and weight training will change a person’s body composition, encouraging a higher muscle-to-fat ratio. Exercise also encourages stored fat around organs to be converted back into energy.
Consume good fats
- There are plenty of good fats that can be eaten and be part of a healthy diet. Choose polyunsaturated fats over saturated fats, and avoid trans fats. Foods high in omegas such as nuts and fish provide healthy fats.
Cut back on processed carbs
- Refined sugar, pasta, white bread and sweets will convert to glucose in the body and can be stored as fat.
Eat healthy proteins
- Start with breakfast, such as boiled or poached eggs, lean meats and nuts. Throughout the day, snack on high protein snacks to keep hunger at bay and ease away from the carb dependencies.
Use the TruHealth™
- The TruHealth System is composed of three products, the TruPLENISHTM Nutritional Supplement Shake, TruPURETM Slimsticks and TruSHAPETM Herbal Dietary Supplement capsules. This system combines beneficial, whole food diet and water intake recommendations with naturally sourced supplements and exercise to help support the body’s natural ability to reduce harmful toxins and encourage healthy fat-lossŧ. The TruHealth Fat-Loss System focuses on targeted fat loss and maintaining, if not increasing, muscle mass while encouraging healthy metabolism rates.
While visceral fat can be the secret enemy when many pursue their fat loss goals, it is not something that we are doomed to suffer with forever.
For more information about Mannatech and its products, go to www.MeiTaiChina.com. †^
Mannatech, Incorporated, offers a profound wellness experience that makes a difference in the lives of people across the world. Through its innovative Glyconutrition products, Mannatech changes lives, providing an unprecedented level of natural wellness, freedom and purpose. With more than 20 years of experience and operations in 26 markets, Mannatech is committed to transforming lives. For more information, visit MeiTaiChina.com.
Please note: This release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements generally can be identified by use of phrases or terminology such as “intend” or other similar words or the negative of such terminology. Similarly, descriptions of Mannatech’s objectives, strategies, plans, goals or targets contained herein are also considered forward-looking statements. Mannatech believes this release should be read in conjunction with all of its filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and cautions its readers that these forward-looking statements are subject to certain events, risks, uncertainties and other factors. Some of these factors include, among others, Mannatech’s inability to attract and retain associates and members, increases in competition, litigation, regulatory changes and its planned growth into new international markets. Although Mannatech believes that the expectations, statements and assumptions reflected in these forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cautions readers to always consider all of the risk factors and any other cautionary statements carefully in evaluating each forward-looking statement in this release, as well as those set forth in its latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and other filings filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including its current reports on Form 8-K. All of the forward-looking statements contained herein speak only as of the date of this release.
†Customers who invite other customers to the Mannatech China cross-border e-commerce site gain rewards for future product purchases or cash redemption. The e-commerce business model is not multi-level marketing or direct selling.
^Mannatech’s cross-border e-commerce model in China is a different opportunity from Mannatech’s MLM business in other markets. Our cross-border e-commerce model in China is not an MLM or direct selling business.
ŧWhen taken with a reduced calorie diet and regular exercise. Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or program. This program is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. If you are taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, consult your health professional before beginning this program. It is also not recommended for children under the age of 18. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.