DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "New Trends Underscore Role of Surcharge-Free ATM's" report to their offering.
While other countries look to discourage reliance on cash, consumers in the U.S. continue to include cash in their day-to-day payment transaction mix. The use of cash permeates across generations, suggesting that although cash use has seen a small decline in use, it will still play an important role for many years to come.
The latest report, New Trends Underscore Role of Surcharge-Free ATMs, provides an understanding of cash usage in the U.S., the reasons that financial institutions of all sizes are latching onto surcharge free networks, and a discussion of the small group of market providers for these services.
"Smaller institutions, online-only banks, and alternative financial product providers have been the traditional buyers of surcharge-free ATM networks to offer cash access points that could rival big financial institutions. Now, with new trends such as the rising expense of surcharge rebate programs and a desire to get out from underneath the overhead expense of managing off-premise ATM fleets, very large financial institutions are embracing surcharge-free as a lower-cost option", comments Sarah Grotta, Director, Debit Advisory Service and the author of the report.
Highlights of the report include:
- Trends in cash usage in the U.S.
- Channels U.S. consumers use to get cash
- The influence of convenient cash access has on the choice of a financial institution
- Recent trends that are influencing the use of surcharge-free strategies by larger banks and credit unions
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. For the Love of Cash
4. Getting Cash
5. The Market for Surcharge-Free ATMs
6. New Trends Have Big Banks Looking at Surcharge-Free Networks
- Shrinking Branch Networks
- Consideration of Off-Premise ATMs as a Core Competency or Not
- Merchant Pullback on Cash Back at the POS
- Surcharge Rebate Programs Reach a Tipping Point
7. Making the Business Case for Surcharge-Free ATMs
- Questions and Details to Consider
- Expense Items Entailed
8. Market Providers of Surcharge-Free Services
9. Conclusions: Thinking About Cash Strategically
- CU 24
- Fifth Third Bank
- First Tennessee
- Green Dot
- Star SF
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p7bwpw/new_trends