DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Coconut Water Market - Strategic Assessment and Forecast 2017-2022" report to their offering.
The global packaged coconut water market will cross US$ 5 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR close to 21%
The packaged coconut water market is set to increase in terms of both volume and revenue. Coconut water market has witnessed tremendous growth over the past 5 years with the consumption volume growing manifold in various geographies.
Coconut water is usually packed in three major modes; metal cans, tetra pack and plastic bottles. Each packaging mode has its own set of advantages and disadvantages and are usually suitable for a particular variant or a geography. A clear description of the various packaging types and materials is provided in the packaged coconut water market research report. Plastic and paperboard remain to be the major packaging material constituting more than three-fourth of the usage. The share of plastic, paper and paperboard in packaging of coconut water is set to grow and outperform metal over the forecast period.
Coconut water is majorly available in two variants in the market; sweetened and unsweetened. Sweetened variants constituted more than half of the packaged coconut water market in terms of volume in 2016 while the remaining is unsweetened or negligibly sweetened.
Market is set to expect the entry of major FMCG companies and big retailers looking forward to launch coconut water on their own labels; Majors such as PepsiCo, Coca Cola and Vita Coco are expected to commit investments to the tune of $1 billion over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
- Increased Presence for Coconut Water Mix and Concentrates
- Entry of Big FMCG Players to Formalize the Market
- Ethical Produce and Sustainable Sourcing to Play a Major Role in the Supply Chain
Key Market Drivers
- Increased Global Awareness over Health and Nutrition
- Consistent Rise in Global Average Temperature On Account Of Climatic Change
- Increased Investments and Pro-Government Policies in Coconut Farming to Bolster the Supply Side
Key Market Challenges
- Risk of Substitution by Electrolytes, Sports Drinks, Packaged Green Tea and Low Calorie Carbonated Drinks
- Unpredictability in Crop Output Due to Natural Disasters and Ageing of Trees
- Increased Incidence of Diseases and Loss in Productivity
- Challenges Pertaining to Sourcing, Pricing and Supply Chain
Major vendors included in the report are:
- Amy and Brian Naturals
- Green COCO
Other vendors mentioned in the report are
- C-Coconut Water
- COCO Libre
- Cocojal, Ducoco
- Invo Coconut Water
- Taste Nirvana
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/55fddr/global_coconut