TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TeamViewer®, a leading global software provider for digital networking and collaboration, addresses the market for web conferencing and collaboration with a dedicated solution: Blizz by TeamViewer. Blizz by TeamViewer aims to meet the needs of small and medium sized businesses and mid enterprise organizations. This new product is available as of now and lets business users select from three plans with varying functionalities. Private users can use Blizz by TeamViewer free of charge.
The advantages of the new solution include:
- Start meetings instantly: via a web-interface at www.blizz.com, users can either start or join a meeting. This effortless, no-sign-in required process distinguishes Blizz by TeamViewer from leading competitors.
- Secure chat functionalities: a real contact list and a unique Microsoft Office integration. Additionally, the sophisticated cross-company presence indicator lets users recognize whether a contact is online. That way, spontaneous meetings can be set up. This allows for instant synchronization between two users; for instance when the editing of a Microsoft Outlook email message raises questions that need to be discussed in private.
- Meetings with up to 300 participants: users can scale their plan per their needs. The software is available for Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS to stress TeamViewer’s guiding principle of supplying solutions that bridge existing gaps between different platforms. The app is available at https://www.blizz.com.
- Dial in via a telephone line: In addition to the connection via the app, participants can also dial in to a conference via a conventional telephone line. To allow for that, TeamViewer provides domestic dial-in numbers for over 30 countries: https://www.blizz.com/en/telephone/
- HD video calls: Blizz by TeamViewer allows for a brilliant video experience by supporting full high definition.
- Multiple plans: Business users can choose from three plans with different functionalities. Blizz by TeamViewer comes with a clear and transparent pricing structure that guarantees predictable expenses without hidden extras. More information about the pricing is available at: https://www.blizz.com/de/#license-overview. Private users may use the program free of charge.
- Blizz by TeamViewer relies on proven TeamViewer standards: online meetings are end-to-end encrypted and can be recorded on the presenter and/or the organizer’s device. Additional security features include: Two Factor Authentication and Trusted Devices. Two Factor Authentication adds an additional security layer to protect Blizz accounts from unauthorized access. In addition to both username and password, the user must enter a second code for authentication. Therefore the code is only valid for a short period of time. Trusted Devices is a preventive measure to ensure the account's security, users need to authorize every new device on which they sign in to their account for the first time.
“We felt there was a lack of innovation in the web conferencing and online collaboration arena,” said Kornelius Brunner, Chief Innovation Officer at TeamViewer. “Most users are still burdened with cumbersome, archaic enterprise tools. However, these tools do not focus enough on the user. In fact, they even present obstacles and prevent instant and effortless connectivity. So we removed that and made sure Blizz by TeamViewer is fast, feels light, and basically needs no setup. At the same time, we could leverage our experience and market-leading technology to deliver innovation with solidity, not only in terms of speed and screen sharing quality but also in regards to security. While most solutions provide only partial encryption, we made sure our product comes with true end-to-end encryption.”
“More than thirty-six million TeamViewer meetings are held each year. So it is fair to say that TeamViewer has outstanding online meeting and collaboration expertise. Yet – thus far – these functionalities only came embedded in our remote-access and support solution,” said Raffi M. Kassarjian, General Manager Emerging Products Group at TeamViewer. “With Blizz by TeamViewer we now address the market with a dedicated solution for web conferencing and online collaboration. And we will certainly continue to make significant advancements.”
“The market for web conferencing and online collaboration is extremely dynamic and certainly very promising. With Blizz by TeamViewer we are definitely claiming a viable portion of that market,” said Andreas König, CEO at TeamViewer. “This product marks a crucial milestone for us. Up until now, TeamViewer has been a solution that essentially is used primarily by IT-managers, system administrators, and tech supporters. Blizz by TeamViewer removes this restriction and makes it a critical element of our strategy. With our relentless focus on secure and reliable remote access and support, monitoring and collaboration solutions we will continuously remove technological and geographical barriers.”
TeamViewer is a leading global software provider for digital networking and collaboration. Founded in 2005 in Göppingen, Germany, the company employs around 700 people from more than 50 countries. Its flagship product, TeamViewer, is an all-in-one solution for remote support, remote access, and online meetings. The software actively runs on more than 400 million devices, of which at least 25 million are connected to TeamViewer at any point in time. The company’s product portfolio is complemented by solutions for IT monitoring, data backup, anti-malware and web-conferencing. TeamViewer was acquired by Permira in 2014. Further information is available at: www.teamviewer.com