HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Foundation for Chiropractic Progress® (F4CP), the leading voice of the chiropractic profession, will host the profession’s first press briefing at the National Press Club, 529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045, March 14, 2017, 3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. and available via live webcast: register online: http://www.f4cp.com/pressclub2017/.
A keynote address by Dr. Marc Siegel and presenters Myra Christopher, Dr. Wayne Jonas, Larry Boress and others, kick-off the F4CP’s ground-breaking campaign: ‘Save Lives. Stop Opioid Abuse. Choose Chiropractic.’ which validates the benefits of evidence-based, drug-free chiropractic as a primary option.
“Drug-free chiropractic care is a safer, more effective first-line option than prescription opioids for managing acute, sub-acute and chronic non-cancer related pain,” says Sherry McAllister, DC, executive vice president, F4CP. “The chiropractic profession joins all Americans in fighting opioid abuse, and offers patients pain relief when their access to pain medications is restricted.”
- Marc Siegel, MD, Professor of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Medical Director of Doctor Radio on SiriusXM at NYC Langone Medical Center, FOX News Medical Correspondent, Regular Contributor to The Wall Street Journal, Slate, National Review Online and Member of the Board of Contributors, USA Today
- Myra Christopher, Director, Pain Action Alliance to Implement a National Strategy (PAINS)
- Wayne Jonas, MD, Executive Director, Samueli Integrative Health Programs
- Larry Boress, President and CEO, Midwest Business Group on Health and Executive Director, National Association of Worksite Health Centers
- David Thomas, PhD, Program Officer, Division of Epidemiology, Services and Prevention Research, National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Linda Porter, PhD., Director, NIH’s Office of Pain Policy and Co-Chair of the National Pain Strategy and Federal Pain Research Strategy Steering Committees
- Jan Chambers, President, National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA)
- Foundation for Chiropractic Progress® Leadership
About Foundation for Chiropractic Progress®
A not-for-profit organization, the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress® (F4CP) informs and educates the general public about the value of chiropractic care. Visit www.f4cp.com; call 866-901-F4CP (3427). Social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube.