- Revenues increased 16% to $103.6 million (2015: $89.2 million);
- Gross profit increased 30% to $53.3 million (2015: $41.1 million);
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 22% to $34.6 million (2015: $28.4 million);
- Profit before tax increased 28% to $31.0 million (2015: $24.3 million);
- Net income increased 27% to $25.6 million (2015: $20.2 million);
- Strong balance sheet with $35.2 million cash and short term investments;
- Earnings per share increased 20% to $0.12 (2015: $0.10); and
- Final dividend of $7.5 million or 3.7864 cents per share, making a total of 7.6069 cent per share for the year.
- Strong organic growth in the publishing business, mainly in English speaking markets and non-Scandinavian European markets;
Significant progress in the media segment underpinned by strong mobile
- Dau-Up received Facebook marketing partner status for technology;
- New mobile offering enabling additional performance models (incl. revenue share);
Continued diversification of the business:
- The gambling sector represented 70% of Group revenues in 2016 (2015: 74%, 2014: 83%);
- The Group’s largest customer accounted for 7% of total revenues in 2016 (2015: 9%, 2014: 15%);
- Revenues from Scandinavia were 32% of the Group’s revenues with an additional 27% from other European countries and 21% from North America.
Post period end – further diversification through acquisitions
Acquisition of mobile platform ClicksMob Inc (“ClicksMob”):
- Provides performance-based user acquisition to leading apps;
- Strong mobile user acquisition technology; and
- An established customer base in Asia and in non-gambling verticals such as e-commerce, travel, entertainment and finance.
Acquisition of Greedyrates.ca (“Greedyrates”):
- Greedyrates is one of Canada’s leading credit card comparison websites;
- Increases the Group’s North American customer base; and
- Further demonstrates XLMedia’s ability to diversify its revenue streams – this time into the financial services sector.
Ory Weihs, Chief Executive Officer of XLMedia, commented:
“We are proud to have delivered another record breaking year in which we have made further progress in executing on our strategic priorities and generated significant value for our shareholders. Our strong financial performance coupled with our ability to maintain a market leading position is supported by our commitment to invest in proprietary products whilst integrating complementary acquisitions.
“The Board would like to thank management and our employees for another excellent year of results and remain committed to delivering further progress in 2017.”
Our full annual financial statements are available on our website at the
For our Company presentation please visit:
A webcast of our results presentation will be available on our website
A presentation for retail and private investors will be held at 4.00pm on Wednesday 8 March 2017 at the offices of Berenberg (60 Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8HP). Admittance is strictly limited to those who register their attendance for the event. To register, please contact Vigo on firstname.lastname@example.org.