DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market by Application (Defense-ISR, EOD, Crew Integration, Commercial-Agriculture, Field, Domestic, Transport), Mobility (Wheeled, Tracked), Size, Component, Modes of Operation, Payload & Region - Global Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
The unmanned ground vehicle market is estimated to be valued at USD 1.49 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 2.63 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 12.14% during the forecast period.
The increasing demand for enhanced efficiency, human safety, and the growth of terrorist activities are driving the unmanned ground vehicle market. Limited reliability of UGVs during missions and inability to predict the external environment are the restraints for this market.
The Asia-Pacific region led the unmanned ground vehicle market in 2015. The increasing terrorist activities and increasing spending by emerging economies on defense operations in this region have led to the highest share of this region in the unmanned ground vehicle market. This region is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The Asia-Pacific region is the one of the prime centers for the increasing manufacturing base and hence the unmanned ground vehicles market for commercial applications is expected to grow during the forecast period.
- Demand for Enhanced Efficiency
- Demand for Reduced Human Intervention
- Increased Terrorist Activities Around the World
- UGV Reliability
- Unpredictable External Conditions
- Development of Fully Autonomous UGVs
- Increased Military Spending By Developing Nations
- Development of Driverless Infantry Vehicle
- Continuous Power Supply for UGVs
- Aselsan A.S.
- Autonomous Solutions Inc.
- BAE Systems, Inc.
- Cobham PLC
- Dok-Ing D.O.O.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Horiba Mira
- ICOR Technology Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Mechatroniq Systems
- Nexter Group
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Oshkosh Corporation
- Qinetiq Group PLC.
- RE2 Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/34tqwq/unmanned_ground