DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Switzerland - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses" report to their offering.
This report provides a comprehensive overview of trends and developments in Switzerland's telecommunications market. The report analyses the mobile, internet, broadband, digital TV and converging media sectors.
The mobile market has undergone a number of changes in recent years, with the operator Salt (formerly Orange Switzerland) having been acquired by NJJ Capital in February 2015, and with Sunrise having been acquired by a private equity firm, CVC Capital Partners. Following an IPO in February 2016 Sunrise raised CHF2.274 billion. Shortly afterwards a 23.8% stake in Sunrise was sold to the German mobile services provider freenet. The market has also benefited from the entry of UPC, which provides mobile voice and data services as an MVNO. As a full-service provider of quad-play bundles UPC can compete more effectively with Sunrise and Swisscom.
- Swisscom expands LoRa networks;
- Regulator redefines USO minimum broadband speed at 3Mb/s; Swisscom has USO licence renewed to 2022;
- Reduced MTRs kick in for 2017;
- Sunrise considers sale of parts of its mobile network infrastructure;
- Swisscom partners with Ericsson to prepare path for commercial 5G services by 2020, prepares launch of LTE-A Pro services later in 2017;
- Swisscom planning to switch off its 2G network by 2020;
- Regulator measures eliminate FttP network duplication;
- Swisscom to concentrate on G-fast to deliver fast broadband to 2020;
- Laussane to be connected with FttP by end-2017; Swisscom contracts Huawei for FttS network upgrade;
- UPC expands the reach of its 500Mb/s cable broadband service;
- E-government Strategic Plan 2017 - 2019 adopted;
- Report update includes the regulator's market data, telcos' financial and operating data to Q4 2016, recent market developments.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Key statistics
2. Telecommunications market
3. Regulatory environment
4. Fixed network operators
5. Telecommunications infrastructure
6. Broadband market
7. Digital media
8. Digital economy
9. Mobile communications
- Salt (Orange Switzerland)
- Swisscom Mobile
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z96nk5/switzerland