DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Food-grade Alcohol Market by Type (Ethanol, Polyols), Application (Food, Beverages, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals), Source (Sugarcane & Molasses, Grains, Fruits), Functionality, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The food-grade alcohol market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2017, to reach USD 12.86 billion by 2022.
The demand for food-grade alcohol is projected to be on the rise, owing to factors such as increase in global beer production and trade in alcohol, thus creating a platform for manufacturers of food-grade alcohol to focus on investments and offer innovative products. Increasing awareness about the harmful health effects of alcohol consumption is the major restraint for the food-grade alcohol market.
In terms of volume, the beverages segment is projected to grow at the highest rate between 2017 and 2022, due to the increase in global consumption of alcoholic beverages. Food-grade alcohol is used as the main ingredient in manufacturing a wide range of alcoholic beverages. Furthermore, the beverages segment presents innovative potential to food-grade alcohol manufacturers due to the abundant availability of raw materials, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Increasing Global Beer Production and Popularity of Craft Beer
- Increasing Global Trade in Alcohol
- Awareness About Harmful Effects of Alcohol Consumption
- Emerging Markets Such as Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Contribution of Co-Products of Ethanol Production in the Feed Industry
- Fluctuating Prices of Raw Materials
- Stringent Regulations on the Use of Alcohol in Food & Beverages and Health & Personal Care Products
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Cristalco S.A.S
- Fonterra Co-Operative Group
- Grain Processing Corporation
- MGP Ingredients
- Manildra Group
- Roquette Frères
- Wilmar International Limited
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9g63p4/foodgrade