SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Digital intelligence leader New Relic, Inc. (NYSE:NEWR) announced the latest updates to the New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform, which enables digital enterprises to embrace the much-faster pace of innovation and greater scale in the cloud through real-time visibility and metrics which connect the impact of digital performance with a company’s bottom line. Among the new capabilities across New Relic’s platform include company-wide dashboards for enterprise deployments, new alerting support for dynamic infrastructure, and expanded visibility from the company’s application performance monitoring (APM) solution. The new capabilities are designed to enable enterprises to monitor, manage, and act on every change across their entire technology stack.
“As enterprises adopt the public cloud as a key component of their digital strategy, New Relic allows them to measure the health of their applications across their entire stack to give them the confidence to migrate faster and accelerate initiatives,” said Jim Gochee, chief product officer, New Relic. “New Relic will enable developers and operations to visualize an even wider variety of data, from a unified source, and provide more granular, flexible alerting for faster incident response and analysis. This shared understanding ultimately can enable teams to build higher quality digital experiences that keep their customers happy.”
Powering Successful Enterprise DevOps Initiatives
DevOps methodologies are being embraced by enterprises to help deliver software faster, reduce defects, and provide faster resolution of problems. New Relic enables developers and operations to work together to deliver better performance, availability, and scale by providing them a shared understanding of their applications. It will now be easier than ever for these teams to ask iterative questions about the application performance, receive intelligent alerts, and create dashboards, with new capabilities including:
- Dynamic dashboards: New Relic’s real-time dashboards now enable teams to instantly visualize performance for a specific incident time window, duplicate dashboards for use in postmortem activities, as well as increase the depth of information available in a single dashboard, providing more intelligent monitoring. Additionally hundreds of pre-built charts from across the platform can now be added to any New Relic Insights dashboard with a few clicks, so teams don’t have to start with a blank slate.
- Company-wide dashboards: As digital initiatives play an increasingly critical role in every business’ bottom line, sharing performance monitoring data––from the customer experience to code to containers––can be vital. New company-wide dashboards will be able to unlock even more power for New Relic’s customers, by providing a master view of any number of business units or subsidiaries, helping teams more quickly share data across their organization and up to their executive leadership.
- More powerful alerting: For enterprises with cloud initiatives, New Relic’s alerting platform will automatically apply existing alert conditions and policies for dynamic infrastructure, removing the need for manual configuration. With the ability to craft precise alerts from NRQL queries, organizations will be able to benefit from nearly limitless flexibility and baseline alerting powered by New Relic’s cloud platform. Java teams can also now create alert conditions to help monitor their application's JVMs, helping them ensure the quality of service is high and customers are happy.
“Standardizing with New Relic has enabled Norwegian Cruise Line to make two fundamental shifts in the way we approach operations. Prior to New Relic production deployment for us was a big event and happened in the middle of the night. The visibility and measurement that we get from New Relic gives us confidence to release code at any time, daily, without fear of impacting our customers’ experience. We’re also no longer making decisions based on intuition and are able to measure the impact of every single change. Our developers, operations and even other parts of the business view the dashboards to have an understanding of what is performing, what isn’t, and the changes that must be made,” said Fidel Perez, director of enterprise architecture and performance at Norwegian Cruise Line, an innovator in cruise travel headquartered in Miami, Florida.
Expanded Visibility for Digital Teams
New innovations across New Relic’s products will deliver full-stack visibility from the host, through the application and end-user experience, from on-premise to the cloud:
- New Relic APM: New Relic now offers customers more flexibility and depth than ever with the ability to monitor and troubleshoot database performance down to the individual instance with datastore instances from a service map. It is also even easier for teams to integrate and tailor New Relic's Java agent to their specific needs with more comprehensive instrumentation APIs; and error analytics, a powerful analysis tool for identifying and resolving errors, will be available for .NET applications.
- New Relic Infrastructure: In addition to the new alerting capabilities for host not reporting and fullest disk percentage metrics, as well as soon-to-be-released alerting capabilities for process down, New Relic supports 13 of the most used Amazon Web Services (AWS) products out-of-the-box, now including serverless computing from AWS Lambda.
- New Relic Mobile: Crash analysis from New Relic Mobile allows customers to easily identify high-priority crashes and fix them faster. In addition, the latest release of the New Relic Mobile SDK adds powerful instrumentation capabilities to understand crashes at an individual user level.
- New Relic Synthetics: Operations teams will have greater flexibility in their automated testing with the ability to set maintenance windows that allow them to define one-off or recurring windows during which one or more of their synthetic monitors will not run. In addition to preventing false alarms from monitor failure during known downtimes, this will sanitize service level agreement (SLA) data by excluding failures from planned maintenance from those metrics.
Availability and Additional Resources
With the exception of company-wide dashboards, alerting capabilities, .NET error analytics, New Relic Browser source maps, the ‘process down’ metric for advanced alerting from New Relic Infrastructure, and New Relic Synthetics maintenance windows, the features announced today are generally available to paying New Relic customers. All features are scheduled to become generally available to customers by the end of the second calendar quarter of 2017.
New Relic will be hosting a webinar - Recent New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform Updates on Tuesday, March 21st at 10:00 am PST. Additional information and registration is available here. Please note that events, dates, topics, and speakers are subject to change without notice.
About New Relic
New Relic is a leading digital intelligence company, delivering full-stack visibility and analytics with more than 14,000 paid business accounts. The New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform provides actionable insights to drive digital business results. Companies of all sizes trust New Relic to monitor application and infrastructure performance so they can quickly resolve issues, and improve digital customer experiences. Learn more at newrelic.com.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to statements regarding the New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform, particularly with respect to products and features thereof that have not yet been made generally available, such as company-wide dashboards, alerting capabilities, .NET error analytics, New Relic Browser source maps, the ‘process down’ metric for advanced alerting from New Relic Infrastructure, and New Relic Synthetics maintenance windows, with respect to matters such as availability and potential benefits to customers, as well as market trends and dynamics and future webinar events. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic’s current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic’s financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings New Relic makes with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic’s most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.” Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic’s Investor Relations website at http://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.