DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Display Market by Technology (LED-backlit LCD, OLED, QD-LED, E-Paper), Display Type (Flat, Flexible, Transparent), Application (Smartphone & Tablet, TV & Digital Signage, PC Monitor & Laptop), Vertical, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The display market was valued at USD 106.41 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 169.17 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.5% between 2016 and 2022.
The requirement for energy-efficient, attractive, and high specification display products in several industries; high growth of the flexible display market; and rising demand for OLED-based devices are the major drivers for the market. Factors such as high cost associated with new technology-based products and saturated shipment volumes of TVs and PC monitors are restraining the growth of the market.
There is a huge market potential for display devices in the consumer electronics vertical on the back of increasing demand for devices such as TVs, smartphones, and smart wearables. Smart wearables are expected to witness high growth in shipments during the forecast period due to enhanced demand for such devices-especially smart watches. This is expected to drive the display market for smart wearables.
- High Growth of the Flexible Display Market
- Rising Demand for OLED-Based Devices
- Technological Shift and Development of Energy-Efficient, Attractive, and High-Specification Display Products
- High Cost Associated With New Display Technology-Based Products
- Saturated Shipment Volumes for TV and PC Monitors in 2014 and 2015
- High Growth of Smart Wearables Market
- Emerging Applications for Flexible Displays
- Fluctuating Average Selling Price of Display Panels
- AU Optronics Corp.
- BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- E Ink Holdings, Inc.
- Hannstar Display Corporation
- Innolux Corp.
- Japan Display Inc.
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
- Sharp Corp. (Foxconn)
- TCL Display Technology Holdings Limited
- Universal Display Corp.
- Varitronix International Limited
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nr38vb/display_market_by