DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Pulmonary/ Respiratory Drug Delivery Market by Formulation (Type (Solution, Suspension), Device Type (Metered dose, Dry Powder, Nebulizer)), Canister (Plain, Coated), End User (Hospitals, Homecare), Applications (COPD) - Forecasts to 2021" report to their offering.
The global respiratory drug delivery market is projected to reach USD 52.37 Billion by 2021 from USD 36.10 Billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
The market is witnessing growth due to factors such as increasing preference of pulmonary route as an alternate route of drug delivery, rising focus on the development of smart/digital inhalers, and increasing incidence of respiratory diseases such as COPD, asthma, and cystic fibrosis.
The pulmonary drug delivery market is segmented based on formulations, canister type, applications, end users, and regions. The formulation segment is further divided into device type and formulation type.
Presently, North America dominates the pulmonary drug delivery market, and Europe represents the second-largest regional market. This is attributed to increasing technological developments in the form of digital inhalers developed by various companies and supportive reimbursement policies in the form of Medicare and Medicaid.
- Increasing Preference for Pulmonary Drug Delivery As An Alternate Route of Drug Delivery
- Increasing Focus On the Development of Smart/Digital Inhalers
- Increasing Incidence of Respiratory Diseases
- Regulatory Issues
- Pricing Pressure
- Emerging Markets
- Growth in Online Marketing Channels
- Issues With the Stability of Drugs
- Deposition of Aerosolized Particles
- Astrazeneca Plc
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Cipla Inc.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis Ag
- Omron Corporation 134
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (A Part of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nb8qd7/pulmonary