The global Meat market recorded a -1.3% CAGR in value terms during 2010-2015, due to falling sales in most of the regions. Latin America and Eastern Europe regions were the largest hit due to high inflation and economic uncertainty in these regions. However, projected recovery in the economic condition coupled with rising consumption of Meat worldwide is expected to boost the global sales at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2015-2020.
Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market worldwide, with a value share of 30.9% in 2015, followed by North America with a share of 26.9%. Asia-Pacific also represents the fastest growing market for Meat products with a CAGR of 3.1% during 2010-2015 driven by growing population and rising middle income consumers in the region.
- Rising global population set to boost Meat consumption worldwide
- Stricter regulations and rising health concerns represent key challenges
- In Asia-Pacific, China and Australia are the high potential markets for Meat products
- The global Meat market is highly fragmented with the top five brands holding less than 8% of the combined market share
- Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts and Fresh Meat (Counter) categories have the highest market share for private label products in the global Meat market
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Meat market
- Film is the most commonly used packaging closure type in the global Meat market
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Changes in Meat Food consumption patterns
4. Identifying high potential countries
5. Indicators, and Technological infrastructure
6. Country Analysis
7. Case Examples/Success Stories
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Key Distribution Channels
10. Preferred Packaging Formats
- Henan Shuanghui Investment and Development Company
- WH Group Ltd.
- Hormel Foods Corporation
- Brasil Foods
- Itoham Foods Inc.
- Inner Mongolia Prairie Xingfa Food Co. Ltd
- NH Foods Ltd.
- Faragalla Group
- Al-Watania Poultry
- Tyson Foods Inc.
- Seara Group
- Aurora Alimentos Ltda.
- JBS S.A.
- Yasar Holding
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/plmjks/global_meat_report