SACRAMENTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As President Trump’s controversial press secretary Sean Spicer is redefining the role — and being spoofed on Saturday Night Live in the process – five former California gubernatorial press spokespersons will share their insights on the role with the Sacramento Press Club.
Join the Sacramento Press Club’s Feb. 27 luncheon when the veteran press secretaries will discuss their roles and relationships with the media, thoughts on the Trump Administration’s adversarial tone, and how it may be playing in California. They also may have a few war stories and best practices to share.
The Sacramento Press Club’s luncheon panelists are:
- Gil Duran, former press secretary to Gov. Jerry Brown (D) and now a principal at Framework Communications and senior advisor for communications at NextGen Climate;
- Kevin Eckery, press secretary to Gov. Pete Wilson (R) and now president of Eckery Associates;
- Steve Maviglio, press secretary to Gov. Gray Davis (D) and now owner of Forza Communications;
- Rob Stutzman, communications director to Schwarzenegger Attorney General Dan Lungren (R), and now founder and president of Stutzman Public Affairs; and
- Margita Thompson, press secretary to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) and now vice president for communications at California Resources Corp.
About the lunch:
Date: Monday, February 27, 2017
Time: 11:30 registration opens, lunch 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: State Building & Construction Trades Council at 1231 I St, Suite 302
RSVP deadline: Friday, February 24, 2017 at 5pm
Cost: $29 members/$40 non-members