DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Wealth in Hong Kong: Sizing the Market Opportunity 2017" report to their offering.
Almost 60% of the Hong Kong adult population is considered affluent, comparable to markets in the developed West like Switzerland, while wealth growth rates still resemble those found in emerging markets. Growth going forward will be moderated by weaker economic performance in China, but with the wealthiest individuals' (those holding more than $10m in liquid assets) wealth forecast to achieve a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.24% over the years to 2020, Hong Kong retains much of its allure as a source of new clients for wealth managers.
- Affluent individuals constituted almost 60% of the total adult population in Hong Kong at the end of 2016, making it a very attractive market for wealth managers. HNW individuals accounted for 1.72% of the population.
- Retail savings and investments are dominated by deposits, and this trend is not expected to change.
- Despite the strong bias of Hong Kong investors towards deposits, a positive growth outlook is forecast for all asset classes over 2017-20.
- Investments in non-traditional asset classes are on the rise in the HNW segment, and they currently constitute 16% of the typical Hong Kong HNW investor's portfolio, with real estate investment trusts (REITs) being the leading driver of this growth.
- 50% of Hong Kong HNW wealth is booked offshore, mostly in the US. Better investment options and returns are the main drivers for investing offshore.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Sizing and Forecasting the Hong Kong Wealth Market
3. Drivers of Growth in the Hong Kong Wealth Market
4. HNW Investment Preferences
- Colliers International
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fd6cm5/wealth_in_hong