SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apteligent, the leader in user experience analytics and mobile business insights, announced key findings in its latest data report and a series of product updates. The data report expanded on prior research examining the statistical relationship between mobile app performance and user engagement. Ahead of Mobile World Congress, the findings are appropriately global in nature, examining the extent to which the performance-engagement relationship differs by region.
The report also provides a rare view of device trend usage by region -- data normally reserved for Apteligent’s enterprise customers who take a highly regionalized approach to their apps’ performance and user experience.
Among the report’s key findings:
- Samsung is the number one Android handset provider in 83% of the world. Huawei, Sony, and LG follow Samsung in the rankings.
- iPhone 6 is still the most popular iOS device across the globe, except in certain locales like Macau and Myanmar where wealthy portions of society make iPhone 7 Plus most popular
- Verizon has the highest usage among carriers in 33 of 50 US States.
- App users in Russia and China are the least tolerant of (and most likely to churn when they experience) fatal errors in apps.
- App users in Sweden, Saudi Arabia, and Hong Kong are the most likely to give your app a second chance after it fails.
- Measured by app load frequency per capita, the populations most addicted to apps in the US reside in Oregon, Illinois, and Maryland.
- Those least addicted to apps? They’re in West Virginia, Vermont, and Maine.
Apteligent also announced a major update to its Release Console and introduced a new Release Planner for its enterprise clients. “Right out of the box, Release Console 1.0 allowed mobile developers to quickly evaluate performance of a new app version launch in the wild,” said SVP of Product and Development, Greg Toto. “Version 2.0 addresses the needs of digital product owners, enabling a shared view in real-time changes to adoption and user engagement.” The company has previously stated its intention to break down the data silos that exist across digital marketers, mobile app developers, and DevOps.
Release Planner, a completely new offering, enables mobile product owners to take a data-driven approach to releasing apps in new app store markets. “Release Planner has been used in beta by very well-known Apteligent clients and it has become central to their development and release strategy,” said Andrew Levy, co-founder and CSO. “To successfully launch an app in a new region, teams need to understand the hardware and software landscape, as well as the standards for user experience in an app store category. You’ve probably grown accustomed to this hearing from us: we’re excited to democratize these data-driven best practices.”
For more insights, read the data report here.
For more information about Apteligent, visit www.apteligent.com.
Apteligent is the App Intelligence company trusted by the largest mobile apps in the world. Apteligent’s software provides actionable mobile app insights to improve digital business on iOS, Android, and Hybrid apps. Product managers and developers use Apteligent’s insights to diagnose app performances issues that impact user experience. The platform collects and analyzes app performance issues and connects problems to key business metrics. Mobile teams also have access to Apteligent’s big data platform in the form of industry and app benchmarks. Apteligent is based in San Francisco. Learn more at www.apteligent.com.