VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LifeSciences BC is pleased to announce the recipients of the 19th Annual LifeSciences BC Awards, presented by FARRIS.
These awards are presented annually to recognize talented individuals and organizations that represent the life sciences ecosystem in B.C. which includes; academia, health institutions, advisors, government and industry.
The award winners represent the full spectrum from discovery to commercialization, underscoring the depth of knowledge that significantly contributes to the B.C. bioeconomy, while improving the lives of patients here and around the world.
The 2017 Winners are:
- Genome British Columbia Award for Scientific Excellence --- Dr. Leonard Foster
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research - Aubrey J. Tingle Prize -- Dr. James Russell
- Deal of the Year --- Celator Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Growth Stage Life Sciences Company of the Year -- Innovative Targeting Solutions Inc.
- Growth Stage Medtech Company of the Year --- Clarius Mobile Health Corp.
- Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year --- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) - Pacific Region
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership --- Dr. Willian Hunter
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement --- Dr. Alan Winter
- Life Sciences Company of the Year -- McKesson Imaging and Workflow Solutions
Lesley Esford, Executive Director, LifeSciences BC said today, “We are so fortunate to have such a rich and diverse pool of talented scientists, researchers, industry partners and supporters that make our life science ecosystem in B.C. so compelling. There is no question we can compete with the best in the world, and we have the outcomes to prove it.”
The 2017 LifeSciences BC award winners will be recognized at this year’s annual dinner presented by FARRIS, held on April 19, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver.
Early bird event tickets are on sale until March 3rd. To
purchase your tickets or a table, please visit our event page at:
About LifeSciences BC
LifeSciences BC is a not-for-profit, non-government, industry association that supports and represents the life sciences community of British Columbia through leadership, facilitation of investment and partnering, advocacy, and promotion of our world-class science and industry.
Life sciences sectors, from biopharmaceuticals and medical technology, to digital health and medical devices, are integrated into our organization and all that we do, ensuring that no life sciences sector is working in isolation — and that all sectors come together in a comprehensive, complementary and coordinated fashion.
Throughout the year, LifeSciences BC undertakes numerous programs and projects in support of these sectors. These include public policy initiatives, facilitating linkages between global industry and our local organizations, raising the profile of our industry internationally and thus facilitating investment and global partnering opportunities, and helping nurture economic development in British Columbia through the life sciences industry.