DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Q4 2016 Global Oil and Gas Discoveries Review - Oil and Gas Discoveries Touch New Annual Low" report to their offering.
In 2016, a total of 156 oil and gas discoveries were made globally. Of these, only 12 were in Q4 2016 touching a new annual low. Most of the discoveries in Q4 2016 are conventional oil and conventional gas. Among regions, South America leads in terms of number of discoveries followed by Europe and Oceania. Norway and Colombia lead among countries with highest number of discoveries in Q4 2016. Onshore and shallow water discoveries were higher when compared with the deepwater and ultra-deepwater discoveries.
Oil and Gas Discoveries in Q4 2016 - Key Highlights
- A total of 156 oil and gas discoveries were made globally in 2016. Of these 76 are conventional oil, 75 are conventional gas, three are unconventional gas, and two are unconventional oil.
- Globally a total of 12 oil and gas discoveries were made during Q4 2016. Of these, seven are conventional gas and five are conventional oil.
- South America leads globally with four discoveries among all the regions in Q4 2016. Europe and Oceania follow with three and two discoveries, respectively.
- Among countries, Norway and Colombia lead globally with three discoveries each in Q4 2016. Pakistan and Australia follow with two discoveries each. The US and Bolivia had one discovery each in the quarter.
Key Topics Covered:
1. List of Tables and Figures
2 Oil and Gas Discoveries in Q4 2016
2.1 Key Highlights
2.2 Global Oil and Gas Discoveries in Q4 2016
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wl2bjn/q4_2016_global