MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sharpeners’ Report will host its national tradeshow April 19-21, 2017 at the Marriott Minneapolis West. The “Sharp Fest” event is open to entrepreneurs who seek more training in the art and science of sharpening, and network with other professional sharpeners. The 2.5 day event offers classes on sharpening for beginners and advanced classes for those who are established and wish to grow their sharpening service business.
REGISTRATION goes through March 30. A $155 fee includes access to 20 seminars, the supply fair, and a lunch. Fee is $175 at the door. Visit Sharpeners-Report.com/sharp-fest/ to learn more.
“A green society means more sharpening businesses thrive. It’s an eco-friendly practice,” said event host Judy Brenner, owner, Sharpeners’ Report trade publication. “Attendees enjoy learning more about the art and science of sharpening cutting tools using the latest abrasives and innovations,” she said.
Sharpening service businesses are owned by self-employed men and women who sharpen any of the following: cutlery, beauty shears, clipper blades, factory slitters, granulator knives, tree cutting and woodworking tools, saws, sewing scissors, dental and vet instruments, and/or garden tools.
Sharp Fest exhibitors include:
- Bonika Shears, Georgia
- Colonial Saw, (grinding machines), Massachusetts
- Edge on Up (sharpness tester), Arizona
- Ft. Worth Shaver and Clipper-Outlet, Texas
- IVO Cutlery International, Ontario
- Knecht North America, Inc., (knife grinder), South Carolina
- Magna-Matic Corp., (mower blade sharpener), Wisconsin
- MicroEdge TM, Tennessee
- Nina Inc., (shears), Delaware
- Passion Beauty, (shears), California
- Perfect Edge Cutlery, California
- Presto Shears, Missouri
- RX Honing Machine Corp. (veterinary & dental sharpening equipment), Indiana
- Sensei Shears, California
- Sharp Edges (shear sharpening system), Illinois
- Sharpening Supplies, Wisconsin
- The Edge Pro / Nebraska Blades (clipper blade sharpening equipment), Iowa
- The Shop, Inc., (clipper blade sharpening equipment) Idaho
- Thorvie International, (saw and tool sharpening equipment), Wisconsin
- Wolff Industries, Inc., (shear sharpening equip. and scissor manufacturer), South Carolina
Based in Edina, Minnesota, Sharpeners' Report is published by Creative Lakes Media, LLC. For 35+ years, the trade publication has a loyal national following covering technical articles and news on all things sharp and how they got that way. Visit Sharpeners-Report.com or call 952-406-8870.