ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--From managing disengaged employees to the latest recruitment trends, the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM’s) 2017 Talent Management Conference & Exposition will cover a range of timely issues on attracting and retaining employees.
Retraining veterans, overcoming unconscious bias in hiring, using LinkedIn as a recruiting tool, and managing at-home workers are just a few of the nearly 50 concurrent session topics.
More than 1,000 recruiters and human resource professionals from across the country are expected to attend the conference.
WHAT: SHRM’s 2017 Talent Management Conference & Exposition (#SHRMTalent)
WHEN: April 24-26, 2017
WHERE: Hyatt Regency Chicago
DETAILS: Concurrent sessions include:
- Rehire, Don’t Retire: How to Keep the Wisdom of Your Baby Boomers to Reduce the Leadership Gap, Monday, April 24, 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Overcoming Hidden Biases that Hinder Our Success, Monday, April 24, 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
- The Art of the Interview, Monday, April 24, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- Managing Veterans in the Workplace: A Guide for Retaining a Valuable Resource, Monday, April 24, 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- Creative (and Free!) Ways to Make the Most of LinkedIn as a Recruiting Tool, Tuesday, April 25, 8:15-9:30 a.m.
- Workforce 2025! Bold Steps to Shape Your Workforce Today for Tomorrow’s Challenges, Tuesday, April 25, 10:30-11:45 a.m.; and Wednesday, April 26, 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- The Home-Based Worker Revolution—How to Effectively Select and Manage this Unique Workforce, Tuesday, April 25, 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- Why Your Diversity & Inclusion Hiring Isn’t Improving, Tuesday, April 25, 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- The Seven Deadliest Workplace Communication Sins: How Poor Communication Kills Company Culture, Tuesday, April 25, 4-5:15 p.m.
During the conference, SHRM will release results from its popular annual report, Employee Job Satisfaction and Engagement (see last year’s report). A press briefing about what makes workers happy and engaged in their jobs, based on the survey, will be held from 12:45-1:15 p.m. CT on Monday, April 24, via conference call with Evren Esen, director of workforce analytics at SHRM. Contact a member of the SHRM media affairs team for the dial-in information.
To view highlights from last year’s conference, visit: www.flickr.com/photos/shrmpress/albums/72157666768422772. For conference details, visit conferences.shrm.org/talent-conference.
Media: Members of the media must preregister for press credentials. To request credentials, please contact Vanessa Hill at Vanessa.Hill@shrm.org and 703-535-6072 or Kate Kennedy at Kate.Kennedy@shrm.org and 703-535-6260. Videotaping general sessions is not allowed, and keynote speakers are not available for media interviews. Contact SHRM Media Relations for specifics on press availabilities and interviews with concurrent speakers.
About the Society for Human Resource Management
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. Visit us at shrm.org and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @SHRMPress.