DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "China Silicon Carbide Industry Report, 2016-2020" report to their offering.
China is the largest producer and exporter of silicon carbide in the world, with the capacity reaching 2.2 million tons, sweeping more than 80% of the global total. However, excessive capacity expansion and oversupply lead to the capacity utilization less than 50%. In 2015, the silicon carbide output in China totaled 1.02 million tons, with the capacity utilization rate of only 46.4%; in 2016, the total output was estimated to be about 1.05 million tons, with the capacity utilization rate of 47.7%.
Since China's silicon carbide export quota was abolished, China's silicon carbide export volume grew rapidly during 2013-2014, and tended to stabilize during 2015-2016. In 2016, China's silicon carbide exports came to 321,500 tons, up 2.1% year on year; wherein, Ningxia's export volume amounted to 111,900 tons, accounting for 34.9% of the total exports and acting as a main silicon carbide exporter in China.
As China's silicon carbide products are mainly low-end preliminarily processed products with moderate added value, the average price gap between export and import is enormous. In 2016, China's silicon carbide exports had the average price at USD0.9 / kg, less than 1/4 of the import average price (USD4.3 / kg).
In 2015, the global silicon carbide substrate market size reached about USD111 million, and the size of silicon carbide power devices reached about USD175 million; both of them will see the average annual growth rate of more than 20% in the next five years.
At present, China has succeeded in R & D of semiconductor silicon carbide, and realized the mass production of 2-inch, 3-inch, 4-inch and 6-inch silicon carbide monocrystalline substrates, silicon carbide epitaxial wafers, and silicon carbide components.
Representative enterprises include TanKeBlue Semiconductor, SICC Materials, EpiWorld International, Dongguan Tianyu Semiconductor, Global Power Technology and Nanjing SilverMicro Electronics.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Development of Global Silicon Carbide Industry
3 Development of China Silicon Carbide Industry
4 Upstream and Downstream Sectors of China Silicon Carbide Industry
5 Key Enterprises
- Beijing TanKeBlue Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
- Dongguan Tianyu Semiconductor Technology Co., Ltd.
- EpiWorld International Co., Ltd
- Global Power Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd.
- HanjiangHongyuanXiangyang Silicon Carbide Special Ceramics Co., Ltd.
- Henan Yicheng New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Haobo New Materials Co., Ltd
- Jiangsu LeyuanNew Materials Group Co., Ltd.
- Lanzhou Heqiao Resource Co., Ltd.
- LinshuZhengyu Silicon Carbide Factory
- Ningxia JinjingMetallurgicals and Minerals Industrial Co., Ltd
- Ningxia Orient Tantalum Industry Co., Ltd.
- SICC Materials Co., Ltd
- Shandong Jinmeng New Materials Co., Ltd.
- TonghuaHongxin Abrasive Co., Ltd.
- Weifang Liuhe Sic Micro Powder Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Longhai Silicon Industry Development Co., Ltd.
- Yili Master Carborundum Products Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sfhmjw/china_silicon