DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Frontier Pharma: Versatile Innovation in Immunology - Large Therapy Area Pipeline with a High Degree of Repositioning Potential" drug pipelines to their offering.
Immunology is a large therapy area characterized by disorders of the immune system - specifically an aberrant immune response against healthy tissues present in the body, leading to chronic or acute inflammation. Depending on the specific site affected, this can lead to various types of chronic pain and loss of mobility, and have a negative impact on quality of life.
This disease area has a total of 2,145 products in active development, trailing only oncology, infectious diseases and central nervous system disorders in terms of pipeline size. There are a total of 529 immunology pipeline products that act on first-in-class molecular targets, representing approximately 40% of the total immunology pipeline for which the molecular target was disclosed.
Due to a degree of crossover between immunology indications in terms of their underlying pathophysiology, it is not uncommon for products being developed for this therapy area to have developmental programs testing them across multiple indications.
Approximately one-fifth of first-in-class pipeline products are in development for two or more indications within the therapy area. This presents an opportunity for companies to develop innovative products across multiple immune disorders, and therefore reach a larger pool of patients than products developed for single indications.
- What are the key points of overlap in the pathophysiology of immune disorders?
- What is the current standard of treatment across these markets, and what lessons can be learned by companies seeking to innovate and build on these products?
- Which molecule types and molecular targets are most prominent within the pipeline?
- Which first-in-class targets are most promising?
- Do immunology products attract high deal values, and which specific product types are able to attract the highest values?
- Which molecule types and molecular targets dominate the deals landscape?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
3 The Case for Innovation in the Immunology Market
5 Pipeline Landscape Assessment
6 Immunology Signaling Network, Disease Causation and Innovation Alignment
7 First-in-Class Target and Pipeline Program Evaluation
8 Strategic Consolidations
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z8fppq/frontier_pharma