DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "North America Power Line Communication (PLC) Market (2016-2022)" report to their offering.
PLC system is a process of transmitting both data and electrical power, over the same power cable. The system employs existing electrical cabling as network cables, allowing them to carry data signals. The PLC system is an effective method of extending an existing network without adding new cables to new areas.
A PLC system has numerous benefits over a wireless connection; nevertheless, the quality of the connection solely depends on the quality of the local electrical system. A wide range of PLC technologies have been used in various applications such as smart home automation to Internet access, which is often called as power over Ethernet (PoE).
PLC is majorly used in residential, commercial, and industrial sectors, owing to its cost-effectiveness, space efficiency, and ability to operate many devices. Nevertheless, centralized risk associated with connected devices would limit the market growth. Despite challenges, various advantages of PLC systems over wireless technologies would propel market growth during the forecast period. Broadband connectivity has given rise to the demand for sending digital voice, video, and Internet data. The ever increasing demand for higher efficiency, faster data transfer rate, and minimal power loss are major factors driving the PLC market growth.
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Broadcom Limited
- Maxim Integrated.
- Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Echelon Corporation
Key Topics Covered:
1. Market Scope & Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
4. North America Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems Market by Component
5. North America Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems Market by Type
6. North America Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems Market by Solution
7. North America Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems Market by Application
8. North America Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems Market by Country
9. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xrk9vq/north_america