DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020" report to their offering.
The 'Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides a detailed outlook by product category for the Japanese personal accident and health insurance segment, and a comparison of the Japanese insurance industry with its regional counterparts.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2011-2015) and forecast period (2015-2020).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Japanese economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
- Health insurance dominated the Japanese personal accident and health segment, with a direct written premium share of 84.2% in 2015.
- Japanese personal accident and health insurance penetration stood at 1.74% in 2015.
- EHI is a workplace-based health scheme covering employees and dependent family members. It is compulsory for companies employing more than five individuals to provide medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Japan's population is falling due to the declining birth rate and high mortality rate. The country's total population fell from 127.6 million in 2011 to 126.8 million in 2015.
- Factors such as the depreciation of the yen and low consumer confidence in travelling due to increasing terrorist attacks were the reasons behind the fall in outbound tourism.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Highlights
2 Executive Summary
3 Economy and Demographics
4 Segment Outlook
5 Outlook by Category
6 Distribution Channel Outlook
7 Competitive Landscape
8 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10 Definitions and Methodology
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd
- Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc.
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Co., Ltd
- American Home Assurance Company, Ltd
- AIU Insurance Company, Ltd
- The Kyoei Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd
- The Fuji Fire and Marine Insurance Co., Ltd
- ACE Insurance
- JI Accident & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ppqz52/personal_accident