DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020" report to their offering.
The 'Life Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides a detailed outlook by product category for the Japanese life insurance segment, and a comparison of the Japanese insurance industry with its regional counterparts.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2011-2015) and forecast period (2015-2020).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Japanese economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
- In 2015, Japan's life insurance segment was the second-largest globally after the US, and accounted for 10.2% of the global direct written premium.
- Japan's population is contracting due to a declining birth rate.
- As of 2015, there were 38 insurers operating in the Japanese life segment. It is regulated by the Financial Services Agency.
- During the review period the life segment was driven by demand for traditional products. Individual life accounted for 68.3% of the segment's direct written premium in 2015.
- The Japanese life insurance segment is mature and highly competitive. A lack of growth opportunities in the domestic market prompted insurers to expand outside Japan.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Highlights
2 Executive Summary
3 Economy and Demographics
4 Segment Outlook
5 Outlook by Sub-Segment
6 Distribution Channel Outlook
7 Competitive Landscape
8 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10 Definitions and Methodology
- Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Japan Post Insurance Co. Ltd
- Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Company
- Dai-ichi Life Insurance Co., Ltd
- Dai-ichi Frontier Life Insurance Co., Ltd
- MetLife Insurance Co., Ltd
- Mitsui Sumitomo Primary Life Insurance Co., Ltd
- Gibraltar Life Insurance Co., Ltd
- Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mwq2tn/life_insurance_in