LONG BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--High-level keynote sessions from chief executives and other senior leaders will anchor this year’s 17th TPM Annual Conference, the industry’s largest conference focused exclusively on global ocean container transportation, logistics, ports and inland connections. With more than 2,000 attendees, TPM 2017 will be held from February 26 to March 1 at the Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, CA.
Presented by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, the JOC-organized TPM Conference is the premier annual international gathering of industry players in ocean container transportation and logistics across many segments. Participants will have the opportunity to converge and explore a variety of perspectives, issues and ideas with their peers, as well as attend many of the featured keynote sessions, roundtable discussions, and specialized workshops.
TPM 2017: A New Day Dawns will focus on the impact of the rapidly changing container shipping landscape that experienced upheaval in 2016 with several mergers and acquisitions and the collapse of Hanjin, the world’s seventh-largest container line. The three-day conference addresses key operational, pricing and strategic challenges that shippers face when leveraging end-to-end container shipping services in support of their supply chains.
Featured industry speakers will include:
- Bradley Jacobs, chairman and CEO, XPO Logistics
- Rodolphe Saade, CEO, CMA CGM
- Nariman Behravesh, chief economist, IHS Markit
- Mario O. Moreno, senior economist, IHS Maritime & Trade
- Ronald D. Widdows, executive chairman, American Intermodal Management; chairman, World Shipping Council; former CEO, NOL/APL
- Tan Hua Joo, executive consultant, Alphaliner
- Rob Kusiciel, vice president, Logistics & Transportation, Honeywell
- Vincent Clerc, chief commercial officer, Maersk Line
- Otto Schacht, executive vice president, Global Sea Freight, Kuehne + Nagel
- Peter Levesque, CEO, Modern Terminals Ltd, Hong Kong
- Jeremy Nixon, CEO, NYK Line
- Timothy O’Connell, senior director, Trade & Marketing, Maersk Line
- Molly Campbell, director, Port Department, Port Authority of NY & NJ
- John J. Nardi, president, New York Shipping Association
- Gary Cross, president, Maher Terminals, LLC
- Keith E. Lovetro, president & CEO, TRAC Intermodal
- Roger Guenther, executive director, Port of Houston Authority
- Howard Finkel, executive vice president, COSCO Shipping
- David Arsenault, president, Logistics Transformation Solutions; former president, Hyundai Merchant Marine America
- Commissioner William P. Doyle, Federal Maritime Commission
- Dr. Walter Kemmsies, managing director, economic and chief strategist, JLL Ports Airports and Global Infrastructure
- William F. Rooney, vice president, Trade Management, North America, Kuehne + Nagel
- Ryan Petersen, CEO, Flexport
- Gene Seroka, executive director, Port of Los Angeles
- Todd Zaninelli, director, International Transportation, Lowe’s
- Rolf Habben Jansen, CEO, Hapag-Lloyd
- Frank Hercksen, regional CEO for the Americas, Panalpina
- Glenn E. Berger, vice president, Global Transportation, Restoration Hardware
- Michelle Livingstone, vice president, Transportation, The Home Depot
- Jochen Gutschmidt, head of Global Logistics Procurement, Nestlé
A complete list of speakers and up-to-date information is available at http://events.joc.com/tpm-2017/speakers.
“We expect TPM 2017 to be remembered as one of the more important conferences ever held in its 17-year history, particularly after the tumultuous year we have witnessed for the container shipping and logistics industry,” said Stuart Strachan, senior vice president of Maritime & Trade at IHS Markit.
“Bringing together an authoritative group of industry leaders and experts to share insights and discuss the major challenges in front of us is how fresh perspectives are derived, and these contribute tremendously to supporting organizations’ strategies for the upcoming year and beyond,” Strachan said.
“TPM 2017 will be at the forefront in exploring and discussing many issues facing the industry.”
Among the key themes to be explored at the conference:
- Economic, trade and market trends
- Mergers, acquisitions and alliances
- Digital innovation
- U.S. exporters' challenges and solutions
- Intermodal at a crossroads
- Getting cargo through marine terminals
- The evolving North American drayage market
- Analyzing the cold chain
- Industry workshops
- Shipper case studies
- Impact of the expanded Panama Canal
The 17th TPM Annual Conference 2017 will be held from February 26 to March 1 at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, California. Further information and delegate registrations is available at http://events.joc.com/tpm-2017/registration
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2017 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.