DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Australia Beer Market Insights Report 2016; In-depth Analysis of Key Companies, Brands, Volume, Value and Segmentation Trends and Opportunities in the Beer Market" report to their offering.
Australia, a nation once famous for consuming beer has recorded a decline in per capita consumption over the last five years. Australians increasingly consume beer at home and off-premise has gained the most out of this trend. Single serve glass bottles have gained popularity. Often sold in multipacks consumers prefer this type of packaging format for garden beach or home consumption. The super premium beer segment showed a growth of 6% in 2015 and currently accounts for 14% of all sales in Australia. Although overall beer consumption is on a declining trend consumers are opting for better quality beer when they do drink.
- Australians are gradually shifting away from drinking beer. This trend is backed by a recent survey which found that 50% of respondents were trying to limit their beer intake in Australia.
- Flavored beer continued to sustain its growth in 2015. The premium brand present in this segment developed almost 17% but only held small share of the market.
- The most popular brand in the Australian market was Victoria Bitter accounting for 12% share of the market in 2015.
- Glass bottles were the main form of packaging holding 63% of the market. The format gained share by 1% in 2015 while metal declined almost 5% and PET dipped by 15% in the same period.
- Non-refillable packaging held the majority of the market share at 83% with glass bottles holding 63% of total volume.
- Smaller pack sizes tended to see higher growth than larger pack sizes. Glass bottles under 37.5cl saw a growth ranging from 14% for 25cl and 2% for 33cl. 37.5cl however holds the majority of the glass bottle volume.
- In terms of volume large modern retail formed the largest distribution sub-channel accounting for 34% market share followed closely by specialist beverage retailer with a share of 31%.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Market Context
1.1 Market Parameters Tables
1.2 Legislation and Taxation Tables
2 Market Background Briefing
3 Market Update
3.1 New Products and Photo Shots
3.2 Beer Pricing Tables
3.3 Beer Data Tables
4 Brewer Profiles
- Carlton and United Breweries Coopers Brewery
- Australian Brewing Company
- Heineken Lion
- Asahi Premium Brand Beverages
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n4qw9d/australia_beer