DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "VCSEL Market by Type (Single Mode VCSEL and Multimode VCSEL), Application (Data Communication, Sensing, Infrared Illumination, Pumping, Industrial Heating, and Emerging Applications) End users, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The VCSEL market was valued at USD 954.6 million in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 17.3% between 2016 and 2022
The key driving factors for the growth of the market include greater accuracy and operational efficiency of VCSELs compared to light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and edge-emitting lasers (EELs). On the other hand, limitation in data transmission range is restraining the growth of the VCSEL market.
VCSELs are used widely in the data centers. Data centers are services that store and distribute the data on the internet. Due to growing number of internet users the amount of data has also increased which requires bandwidth and speed capabilities for data communication. VCSELs prove beneficial as they provide high-speed networking technologies and increased data rates. The low-cost solutions offered by VCSELs make them a significant technology in data centers.
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022, owing to the increasing industrialization and urbanization in this region. The emergence of new technologies in Asia-Pacific have increased the demand for data communication. VCSEL technology offers benefits such as lower power consumption, low manufacturing costs, continuous tuning, and spectral purity. These benefits offered by VCSEL have increased its use in automotive and consumer electronics sectors in this region. Japan, China, India, and South Korea hold a significant share of the VCSEL market in the APAC region.
- Higher Accuracy and Power Efficiency of VCSELs Lead to Increase in Their Adoption for Medical Applications and in Proximity Sensing
- Increasing Use of VCSELs in Data Communication
- Greater Usage of VCSELs in Infrared Illumination, Owing to Technological Advancements
- Advancements in Automotive Electronics Boosting the Use of VCSELs
- Limitations in Data Transmission Range Lead to S Use of VCSELs for Selective Applications
- Growing Need for VCSELs in Consumer Electronics
- Rising Demand for Laser-Based Hard Disc Drives Increasing Opportunities for VCSELs
- Overthrow the Limitations of Gallium Nitride Which Restrict the Performance of VCSELs
- Broadcom Limited
- Finisar Corporation
- II-VI Incorporated
- IQE PLC
- Lumentum Holdings Inc.
- Princeton Optronics Inc.
- Royal Philips
- Santec Corporation
- Vertilas GmbH
- Vixar Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jv4bpv/vcsel_market_by