The study aims to analyze and forecast the global connected truck (commercial vehicle telematics) market outlook for 2017
The major focus is on market trends and transformational shifts (truck digitization; Tier I progression from a product to a truck services provider; aftermarket technology enablers inching towards an autonomous trucking era; trucking apps unwinding revenue opportunities; disruption from digital freight brokers; business and technology drivers for logistics innovation; regulations/mandates; and regional trends (Europe, North America, Latin America, China, Republic of South Africa, India, Russia, Turkey, Australia, and Japan) in services, solutions, and technologies for specific segments such as light commercial vehicles, medium commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles.
The study highlights revenue opportunities created by fleet management systems (FMS), digital freight brokering, autonomous trucks, Big Data, and video safety systems. The FMS market is further analysed by segment, application, and region. Additionally, the study covers the prospect of business software solutions integrated into mainstream FMS packages and 2017 growth/revenue analysis for vendors and regions. Market measurements have been analysed for 2016, 2017, and 2025: global telematics installed base snapshot, telematics penetration by segment, and year-on-year growth rates by region.
An extensive list of start-ups in the connected truck space have been identified and listed under the potential sub-markets. Strategies, growth analysis, competitive landscape, and future focus were discussed for after-market vendors (e.g., Verizon Telematics, Omnitracs, TomTom Telematics, Geotab, OnCommand, and Trimble Navigation), and original equipment manufacturers (e.g., Volvo Trucks, Daimler Trucks, Fleetboard, MAN, DynaFleet, Scania, Paccar, Hino, Isuzu, and Tata) pertaining to 2017. The base year for the study is 2016, with a forecast period from 2017 to 2025.
The following are key questions this study will answer:
- What are the top trends that will drive the connected truck telematics market in 2017? What impact will these trends have on the market?
- What are the key developments in the connected truck telematics market to watch out for in 2017? What are the companies to watch in 2017?
- What was the size of the total connected truck telematics market in 2016, and how is it expected to grow in 2017 and by 2025?
- What is the impact of regulatory and macro-economic trends on market growth?
- What are the opportunities available for connected truck vendors (aftermarket and original equipment manufacturers) in 2017?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
3. 2017 Connected Truck Telematics Market-Transformational Shifts
4. Trends Shaping the Global Connected Truck Telematics Market in 2017
5. Telematics Product and Pricing Analysis-2017
6. Market Measurement Analysis-2017
7. Competitive Analysis for Select Regions-2017
8. Opportunity Analysis-2017
9. Key Conclusions and Future Outlook-2017
- Daimler Trucks
- TomTom Telematics
- Trimble Navigation
- Verizon Telematics
- Volvo Trucks
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/585r2w/global_connected